PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
A friend gave me an ounce of Peter Stockkebye English Oriental Supreme. It's my first experience with a blend containing Latakia. I didn't even know he is a pipe smoker. What a wonderful surprise! Don't know much about the English Oriental Supreme except that I like it! Not too strong and very tasty.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I'm not familiar with that blend, but I have had PS Balkan Supreme. That's a good choice if you want to try something with a more pronounced smokiness.
I smoked it frequently at first, and I was really enjoying the rich campfire aromas, but unfortunately I found that it eventually lost most of its delightful intensity and I stopped turning to it.
Looking back, I think that may have been a result of palate fatigue and bulk tobacco that was beginning to get too dry. I still have a few ounces in a bail-top jar; I may just rehydrate it and give it another shot!
PS EOS definitely sounds like a lighter English though, so your mileage may vary...
Fortunately, the Stokkebye products are a great price and you can't go wrong with a couple ounces. (At worst, you could blend them with a milder English or even a burley for a nice mild smoke)

Status
Not open for further replies.