PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Sort of a cross between a cherrywood and a bulldog. Would that make it a dogwood? Just waiting for the churchwarden stems to come in so I can do the extra stem requested . Then it's off to a happy home.
silo-600x382.jpg

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Another cracking looking pipe there Arthur. Wish i could afford one your pipes right now. Don't think there has been a pipe i've seen that i haven't liked!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Wow is all I can say Arthur. Amazing what happens when you remove the wood that doesn't belong there.

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
*squeals with excitement.
Ahem, I mean that's a very nice looking pipe. I sure do envy the lucky bastard who will be smoking that thing in the back of his truck while fishing down by the Illinois River this summer. :D
his_station_and_four_aces.jpg

Bulldog playing Poker, lol.

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
I like both those names davebell30, especially The Warden's Cur. But I have already gotten used to calling it PokerDog.
And just so everyone here appreciates what an artist our uncle is, here is the incredibly bad, rushed photoshop concept picture he was given to work with. Anyone who can translate this into something that nice deserves a pat on the back.

adixy8.jpg

a9om5j.jpg

davebell30

Lurker
Apr 23, 2011
Kfveqv -

PokerDog is appropo the classic poker playing dog print. It seems you are the proud owner and are very happy with the results. I can't blame you and congrats! As an aside, in another of my incarnations I custom-build fishing rods up here in Wisconsin, mostly high quality fly rods although I've built almost every other style in my day. The name of my company is/was "Tomorrow River Rod". You say you haunt the Ill. river so perhaps some time we soak a line and talk pipes, tabac and fishing. Perhumps Unk Art also Angles and wants to go along. Maybe he would entertain barter of pipe for rod to have along for this trip? Who knows!! He might leave his shop for the wilds of Illinois or Wisconny.

Dave

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
I just checked it out, I think there is more than one Illinois River. Mine is down here in Oklahoma along the OK/AR border.

Distance aside though, it sounds fun.
Geez, I thought it was difficult being patient before... I never shoulda looked at that picture.

lyst36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2011
That's awesome, Arthur! Next time I make an order from you it will be of that ilk.

Status
Not open for further replies.