PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
I've wanted a Peterson shape 03 or 303 for quite some time. A few unexpected dollars came my way and rather than exert discipline and hold on to it I decided to treat myself.
Delivery should be Friday of next week of a Donegal Rocky 03 Fishtail.
I was under the impression that the Sterling Silver band used on the Donegal shape was only offered on those that came with the P-Lip. When I found one with the fishtail and silver, search was at an end.

Wanting to avoid shipping costs I bumped the order to the required amount by getting tobacco that had been on my wish list for awhile, namely Key Largo and prompted by recent threads here, Black House.
No anxious waiting for delivery this time around, I know this Rx for PAD/TAD will get here.

I will most certainly do a happy dance when it does arrive!
Requisite pic
Donegal03.jpg

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
no such thing as resolved w/ pad and tad...

No truer words for most of us maduro.
This was resolution to a single outbreak only.

The chronic nature of the affliction ensures there to be more flare-ups to be dealt with on down the road!
If PAD/TAD/RAD ends then

There's also Snuff Acquisition Disorder, SAD. But I have spaced as to what RAD is spartan.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
And now this particular bout of PAD/TAD is truly put to rest. UPS delivered a little while ago and I'm breaking in my new Donegal with some SL as I type.
Just what I was after with respect to size, weight and degree of bend. Those considerations along with the fishtail bit makes for a great clencher for me.

True to it's entry-level nature, the drilling is a touch high where it enters the chamber and inside the mortise, the stamping in the silver band is not perfectly crisp.
So while true that it will never pass a cleaner without dis-assembly and with a glass imperfections are to be found, it sure is smoking the hell out of this Squadron Leader!
mydonegal03.jpg

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Want to get a Sherlock Holmes " Sylvious", which has a deeper bowl than a typical x105. Its the closest thing to a stack I have ever seen from Peterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.