Pipes Magazine » Pipe Talk

Tags:   

Another case of not realizing how much you'll miss something until it's gone.

(9 posts)
  1. danno

danno

Login to Send PM

I was walking through the living room, and my 8 yr old had Legos all over the floor. In trying to avoid them, I lost my balance, fell, and broke the stem on my old CAO meerschaum. A very clean break. This is a simple, but nice bent 6 paneled affair. I love smoking Virginias and VaPers through it. I ordered some "Weld-On 4" Acrylic Adhesive, and plan on repairing the stem. This is an excellent adhesive, water thin (i.e., no big glue joint) no blushing, fairly fast setting (few minutes) with excellent strength.

I was not happy without my Meer. I hadn't ralized how much I relied on that pipe, and I have also been on major VA/VaPer kick.

Not to be caught with my pants down again, I thoroughly scoured the Bay of E, and bought 3 Meerchaums. One really decent looking Meers. 1 pricier CAO, and 2 $30.00 pipes, a CAO Lattice Freehand looking job (possibly CAO), and an SMS that I might classify as a bent prince. I figure that with a triple redundancy, next time I'm pretty set. Now I just have to avoid the dreaded PAD. Also have to avoid those Fred Bass threads!

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will go through life thinking it is stupid.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  2. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

And stay away from those pipe killing legos!

Don't put the 3 Meers together. If you fall on em you have a chance to decapitate all three lol.

On a serious note, glad to hear you fixed up the wounded pipe. Ease our mind with some pics of the new beauties when possible!

"I was born to lose. So I'll die to win." -Breaking Benjamin
    Posted 7 years ago #
  3. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

Yeah, you know what we always say about pics. Damn those Legos!

Proud Member of the Blackblood Society Photobucket
    Posted 7 years ago #
  4. mluyckx

BelgianTex

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I know it's not funny and it sucks majorly a pipe was harmed in the process, but yeah... I recall how much stepping on a Lego in the dark hurts ! I believe they are the cause of more cussing than anything else in the world

Glad to hear the pipe is fixable though.

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker" aka T.C.Haliburton
    Posted 7 years ago #
  5. danno

danno

Login to Send PM

I'll post some of the seller's pics tonight. Need to figure out how to upload pics too.
    And yes, Mick. That is quite a profound profundity.

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

I'll post some of the seller's pics tonight. Need to figure out how to upload pics too.

really good tutorial on how to do this at the top of the forums page....as a Sticky.

" I'm talking about the kind of sound you can feel. When it comes to great stereo you can't beat big speakers, I'm talking about big speakers with big woofers."
    Posted 7 years ago #
  7. danno

danno

Login to Send PM

Here is the one that came in today. I like it.

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. pawpaw

pawpaw

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great looking Meer

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's a sharp looking Meer there mate enjoy

If at first you don't succeed, have another bowl.
    Posted 7 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   pitchfork, mikethompson