Another case of not realizing how much you'll miss something until it's gone.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
I was walking through the living room, and my 8 yr old had Legos all over the floor. In trying to avoid them, I lost my balance, fell, and broke the stem on my old CAO meerschaum. A very clean break. This is a simple, but nice bent 6 paneled affair. I love smoking Virginias and VaPers through it. I ordered some "Weld-On 4" Acrylic Adhesive, and plan on repairing the stem. This is an excellent adhesive, water thin (i.e., no big glue joint) no blushing, fairly fast setting (few minutes) with excellent strength.
I was not happy without my Meer. I hadn't ralized how much I relied on that pipe, and I have also been on major VA/VaPer kick.
Not to be caught with my pants down again, I thoroughly scoured the Bay of E, and bought 3 Meerchaums. One really decent looking Meers. 1 pricier CAO, and 2 $30.00 pipes, a CAO Lattice Freehand looking job (possibly CAO), and an SMS that I might classify as a bent prince. I figure that with a triple redundancy, next time I'm pretty set. Now I just have to avoid the dreaded PAD. Also have to avoid those Fred Bass threads!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
And stay away from those pipe killing legos!
Don't put the 3 Meers together. If you fall on em you have a chance to decapitate all three lol.
On a serious note, glad to hear you fixed up the wounded pipe. Ease our mind with some pics of the new beauties when possible!

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I know it's not funny and it sucks majorly a pipe was harmed in the process, but yeah... I recall how much stepping on a Lego in the dark hurts ! I believe they are the cause of more cussing than anything else in the world :rofl:
Glad to hear the pipe is fixable though.

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
I'll post some of the seller's pics tonight. Need to figure out how to upload pics too.

And yes, Mick. That is quite a profound profundity.

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
Here is the one that came in today. I like it.
CAOMeerschaum2_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.