PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
This is the only P-Lip that I've seen Fikri Baki carve & when I saw it, I knew that resistance would be absolutely futile... It should be in my hands in a few days. :puffy:

http://pipesmagazine.com/members/fred/album/picture/2551

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
And here I was just ogling that yesterday, and did a doubletake on the p-lip, wondering if he'd had that made or if it was a modified Peterson stem. Congrats Fred, if I can't have it I'm glad it's you that can! :clap:

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
Damn you, thats going to make my first bulldog look like a ppor mans pipe in comparison. Not that I have the money for anything fancy.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, gorgeous. I have yet to smoke a meer. I must resist....

An excellent shape:

0aplipc1-600x341.jpg

htmn246

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2010
Damn i'm glad you showed us the pipe after you bought it or I would go broke buying Mers.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Thanks guys. This Pipe is Baki's version of the Sherlock Holmes Meerschaum Pipe

The Squire, which is also in my modest collection. The Smooth Quarter Bent

Squat Bulldog shape has always drawn me like moth to a flame. Not everyone likes the

P-Lip, but I enjoy the performance of some blends when the smoke is directed to the

roof of the mouth. This is a bit of good fortune for me, since I likely would not have

otherwise had the opportunity to get this one, but the P-Lip was a barrier to some...

thekiltedchaplain

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2011
Great pipe! I love the shape, and the fact that its a P-lip. Are there other companies beside Peterson and Savinelli that produce P-lips? Does the gentleman who carved this pipe offer these occasionally, or is it just an oddity that he fitted it with a p-lip stem?

Status
Not open for further replies.