PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
I was going to say broken pipe, but I didn't want anyone to think that someone had passed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nn0f9fniy6etm8h/2013-01-06%2019.05.38.jpg
Dropped it and it cracked. I tried taking the stem out but the whole thing separated. This is/was my Peterson Rocky Donegal 87. I have an idea as to how I can maybe "fix" it. What's the best way to remove the silver band?

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
I can see the pic,,,,sorry "for your loss".....got to hate it when that happens.Not sure how to tell you to go about fixing something like that.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
When I saw the title, I thought this was going to be a post from Irish Smoker.
I tried to embed the pic for you, but it didn't work. I think the reason it is not working is that the Drop Box url is an https S at the end = "Secure", versus just the usual http at the beginning of the url.
Post up your Pay Pal so we can all send you some money for a new pipe.
Just kidding. Please don't do that.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
kIkfeYJKWZ5UzP02UHCfsWV60hCTHy9iHxG8b1LYLHk.jpg

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
There ya go... man sorry to hear that, really sucks!
I just dropped my Meer lined Peterson about a month ago and shattered the meer lining, the pipe itself is fine other than a few dings, but no more lining :( so yeah I feel ya!

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Looks like a fairly clean break. It's likely you can have the shank drilled out wider and have a metal insert put in and glue the two peices back together. It's hard to tell without actually seeing the pipe. It looks like it was a favorite from the amount of use it's seen. And you can't replace it for what it will cost to repair it. I say invest the money and at least send it away to get looked at. Seles Pipes do a good job of repairs and cleaning.

mattmars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
Thanks for the input everyone. I was thinking of just turning it into a nosewarmer. I was going to straighten the broken edge, drill it out just enought for the stem and put some pipe mud in the bottom to compensate for the shortened draft.

mattmars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
Please keep in mind that i didn't post this looking for a handout. I was just looking for some affirmation that i'm not the only one that did this and to get some ideas on how to fix it.

Aug 1, 2012
That sucks man and no worries, we know you're not here for that. You should see the threads about Hawk breaking his favorite Savinelli the same week he tore up his Mustang or irishsmoker's run of bad pipe luck.
No idea about how to remove the band but I second getting it fixed.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@mattmars

Please keep in mind that i didn't post this looking for a handout. I was just looking for some affirmation that i'm not the only one that did this and to get some ideas on how to fix it.
My post wasn't really directed at you. I was being passive / aggressive.
ace57, instymp, and Eric got it.
@Eric, I'm nowhere as near as funny as Cortez. He is hilarious.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
but you really have to wait on cortez.... his funnies come out of left field when you don't expect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.