PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Kai Nielsen of Denmark is no stranger to pipe making being the eldest son of the late Viggo Nielsen it was in his veins. Kai worked for pocket money at the Bari Pipe Factory his dad had half share in. He would later apprentice under his father and venture off on his own when he was 21 y/o.
Kai used a different grading system for pipes that took a filter and non filter pipe. Filter pipes were marked A, B, C and D with D being the lowest grade. Non filter pipes were marked V, VV, VVV and VVVV, VVVV signifies Old Briar Straight Grain so it’s his highest grade.
My pipe is a VVV Grade, Kai Nielsen pinched Panel Dublin with 2 knuckle bamboo shank and Maroon Cumberland Stem, having more of that tasty Virginia no. 1 from Mac Baren.

banjo
30876543558_e0bb0794f1_z_d.jpg

I’d like to apologize for mistakingly posting Grey Havens as a Mac Baren product, someone on one of the forums nicely told me my error and of course it a McClelland Tobacco and not by Mac Baren, sorry for this faux pas, I do not like passing off erroneous information and am more than willing to point out the error. Keep it smokey.

Status
Not open for further replies.