PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
So in 6 days, my wonderful girlfriend and I will be celebrating another anniversary, and a couple of weeks ago, we started discussing what anniversary gifts we were going to exchange. You can guess what the main topic of discussion was.
:wink:
I'm such a bastard. Anyway, I was looking around of a larger "English blend" style pipe, and I really like the smaller Nording that I got for my birthday, so I pulled the trigger on one of his Signature Smooth Freehands, which looks pretty damn nifty if I do say so myself. Also, since it would have been stupid of me not to throw in some baccy to get the free shipping, I also ordered up half a pound of Lancers Slices to break it in with. Life is good gents!
By the way, here is the pipe if anyone wants to take a look. Tell me what you think! Nording Signature Freehand

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
That is a nice looking pipe, and happy anniversary as well. I put a nording on my fathers day/birthday wishlist for the wife. I like to give her several options and let her make the final call, makes it feel a little more personal for me.

Jul 15, 2011
I like the natural finish, it's got a vulcanite stem and the bowl on the damn thing is huge -- plus the price won't break the bank. Sounds like an all around winner to me
Roth, you read my mind my good man. I have two Irish Seconds pipe that have a natural finish and they are starting to patina beautifully. I love watching a well enjoyed pipe darken and gain character, plus the shape on this one is just really freaking cool. Looking forward to trying the Lancer Slices too.

Jul 15, 2011
Here is an interesting development: When I was putting in the order, I made the following comment in the comment box: "I see that you guys carry the bulk version of Cornell and Diehl Star of the East and have been quite curious about it. Any chance I could get a small sample?"
Well I just went to check my emails and smokingpipes.com sent confirmation of my order, and in addition to the pipe and the Lancers Slices, they tacked on the following:
Star of the East Bulk. Quantity: 1 oz. Price: $0.00
Hell yeah!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Congrats on your anniversary and new pipe. That should be one cool smoking pipe, I really like the natural finish. Watching a pipe darken over time is very cool. I hope it is a great smoker for you.

Jan 8, 2013
I absolutely love my Nording Signature Freehand. Mine has quite a few bevels and valleys for lack of a better word (It's truly a beautiful shaped pipe and I honestly think Nording meant it for something else but just said "eh... what the hey?" and left it unstained and put his signature on it so someone like me could get very lucky)and lots of beautiful straight grain, and it's coloring oh so beautifully and smokes quite well. And it's huge compared to my other pipes. Needless to say it's my favorite pipe, and I think I will judge all other freehands I see by it. I will definitely purchase another (if I can find another i like so much lol)as soon as I'm able to afford it.... which likely will be around tax time next year lol. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine :)

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
With a little care that lovely pipe will be handed off to one of your kiddos, PN.
From one Nording fan to another that was a swell buy.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.