PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Had to pick some up with the Bulk15 discount they're running! Great deal for a very tasty tobacco.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Great stuff!...a little moist, but still wonderful. I chip in a little Rum Flake just for kicks.
Walt

samw74

Jan 28, 2017
New York , NY
How noticeable is the rum flavoring? I’m sensitive to certain flavors. I’ve got a 3 year old tin that I’m debating opening. On one hand, I’ve heard great things about it. I’ve never met a Russ O VaPer that I haven’t fallen in love with. On the other, I don’t want to open it and be disappointed.

smittyd

Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
Never tried this because its always out of stock. So based on all the reviews here , I pulled the trigger on 2lbs. Hope i like it!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I bought a tin of it in 2015, opened it in 2016, barely finished a bowl, it has been jarred since then. It gave me really crazy tongue bite, something I have never experienced before.

Javan, I am going to bet that you got this early in your exploration of pipes, and you had not yet learned to dry your tobacco. Ammi-right? So, the steam from the wet tobacco burned your tongue, ammi-right?
Try it again, and let it dry to your satisfaction. I think you'll find that there's nothing really inherently bitey about it, except water.

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
Hmm. It's not letting me add anything to my cart.

Says, "This offer is limited to 0 per customer."
Oh, well. Back to Smokingpipes.com.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
It's a very exclusive blend. This is why I like it. I only ever smoke things that are totally impossible to get.
The problem is the unique method we use for pressing. The tobacco is covered with 3/4" plywood and a circus elephant sits on it for 24 hours. The delays come when the elephants don't want to stand up to let us retrieve the cake, because, after all, who's going to argue with a full-grown elephant?
Russ

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
I got it figured out!

I had a box of SG Navy Flake in my cart, which is now out of stock. I think that was causing the problem.
I like the turn this thread has taken with the elephant press! I'm sure it really kicks of the flavors a notch!

Status
Not open for further replies.