PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
I ordered a pound of Anniversary Kake on 9/10/13. It's been well over a month and still haven't received the goods. Has the well dried up? Have Roth and Dragonslayer ordered the last of tins? Am I doomed to never smoke Anni Kake again???

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Oh we've ordered the last tins and many of the ones coming in! haha! I think the first batch that comes on will be to fill all the back orders. But no fear, get the orders in before Nov. 17th and it will come someday. I've already bought 2 boxes of jars for my back order.
Craig

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Mine is on back order, too, but I know they'll come through. I've still got ABF on back order, too.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
I've never had a problem getting AK when I want it. It's almost always in stock at P&C, but in bulk form. However, if you must have the tins, then either buy it from Smoking Pipes (about a buck more per 8 oz. tin than P&C, but at least you can get it) or wait for months from P&C.
Is the tinned variety different/better than the bulk? That topic has been kicked around enough already, but I've found that a full bowl of the bulk delivers a far better smoke than an empty bowl of the tinned.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
I dont think that shakespear quote means what you think it means.

I know. The "wherefore" actually means why rather than where. I knew someone would point that out. But it looked good in the title.
The point is I'm almost out of AK. I thought I planned ahead but I guess I didn't. I did order tins which I guess takes longer. But I have heard the tinned is a lot better than bulk. So I'm sticking with the tinned.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
tamer - According to Russ his bulk and tinned are the exact same thing. Only thing that would make a difference would be if you were planning on aging it in the tin.
I got some bulk AK last week and it was great. I do have to say it was much more broken up but that doesn't bother me in the least.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Anni Kake is delayed because of the size of the order. We have 469 8 oz. tins ordered, and we hope to see enough of it to fill the backorders fairly soon. I'll call tomorrow to see if I can get something more definite.
Russ

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Right now the Hearth & Home Signature Series is on sale at buy 2 and get a 3rd one free.

It's a mix and match deal so you can buy different blends. You can mix sizes, and the smaller of the tins will be free.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
You are correct Cortez, mix them up if you want, but it's only the Signature Series 8oz. tins. The sale price is good until November 14th. The in stock tins will be sent, so no waiting for the back ordered tins.
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.