PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Is this an aro? Two out of the three reviews up for offer state that it is an aro but I don't get it. Been smoking it on and off for several months and assumed it was a VERY light English with a Burly base. I only smoke two aromatics that I know of, 1-Q and Nutty Irishman and they have dedicated pipes so as not to affect the taste of my regular tobaccos.

Just wondering if it is my inexperienced pallet or if the reviews are mistaken...

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
IMO not an English at all. As for being an aromatic, I suppose it is in a technical sense because the Burley is probably sweetened, and it does have cinnamon and maybe some other spice. To me it seems to be more of an American smoke: Virginia/Burley/Oriental.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Good question. What makes an aromatic? I guess the slight presence of cinnamon qualifies it as such. I got a sample from Russ when it first came out. Not bad but not something I'd buy.

Here's a review that may help.
http://tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=A&TID=4543

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I enjoyed it enough to buy a tub. I would consider it an aro due to the slight cinammon note. It also has a light cocoa quality, but I think that comes from the tobacco, not an addition.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
Thanks guys :) I love the stuff and was just curious where it fell as far as a classification.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
How could it be an English? There's no latakia, and no orientals. I had a sample - it was OK, but didn't really ring my chimes.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
Im not sure why I said English :oops: Well, I actually like the stuff whatever it is and if it's an aro than that makes three that I like.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
That's all that counts - if ya like it, smoke it. It was definitely not a bad blend - just not my cuppa. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.