PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
Well I got my sample in of this yesterday. The "tin" note is fantastic, you can really smell the chocolate/cocoa in it. I could not really detect any honey or cinnamon though. The tobacco is also very bright as you can see from the picture. Lots of blondes and light browns, very little dark tobacco in it. My go to aromatic is Hearth and Home Trout Stream and I thought this might give it a run for its money after smelling it. I have tried three bowls of it, one each in a Peterson System 304, MM Egg and a Savinelli 320EX. Sadly I am not a fan, it seems very harsh to me. It has a strong bite on the sides of my tongue and has a bitter smoke and room note. Three bowls isn't a lot, but there was nothing there that makes me want to try again. I hope others like it though and it becomes a big success, but I will stick with Trout Stream for now.
AnglersDream.jpg

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
Just got mine in the mail a few minutes ago. I'll be lighting up a bowl in a few minutes. Anxious to try it.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have had no problems with my two bowls so far. Very enjoyable smoke. I'll be trying it in different pipes over the next few days.

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
Had half a bowl. That's not much to go on yet - I'll have several before I decide if I really like it or not.
First impression is: The aroma of the tobacco is great. It's got a bit of a hot cocoa touch but not overwhelming. The room note is really pleasant. That's where I thought the cinnamon came out a bit more.
Wasn't too thrilled with the flavor but that could have been my doing. I had just smoked Vintage Syrian a few hours prior in the same pipe and I'm thinking that may have hurt it. I did notice a bit of bite but not too bad. More to come :)

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Just a guess as to which pipe it may work well in so the 1st bowl of my sample is burning as I type in a no-name prince I'm fond of.
Generous sample so I should get several smokes which is a good thing as this 1st bowl is not exactly rocking any worlds.
Tobacco felt as though it was perfect moisture-wise for smoking but as I sip this bowl it is coming off hot.

Not bitey but steamy hot. Weird.

I do get a hint of cinnamon which is nice, but not a whole lot else. Burley cocoa nutty etc. are all M.I.A.

Disappointing 1st bowl but it is only the 1st one.

Will try this again tomorrow with a fresh palate in a cob.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
i think i have it waiting for me at the post office, its sunday so its closed, but i can still get into my po box and had a package slip, so i should have it waiting for me tomorrow, ill let you guys know what i think

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
I got mine yesterday, and I loved it! Only had one pipeful thus far, but it was grand. And it's certainly not the usual type of blend I smoke, but I think I'll definitely be getting more of this when it comes out. Thanks, Russ!! :puffy:

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
I had my first bowl a few minutes ago - so it is fresh in my mind and palate. Overall - the smoke got better as I progressed through the bowl. At first I could only taste cinnamon and more cinnamon. A little later in the bowl the other flavors came through. Slight bitterness hovering in the background during the first 1/3 of bowl - but not overwhelming. Initially it reminded me of the candy "Hot Tamales" and expected my tongue to suffer "Tamale" scorch. Not so. This is a blend that "might" grow on me. Excellent sample size, excellent pouch note - I definitely got a cocoa aroma + in baggie - and I plan to explore it in different pipes. Today's pipe was a Bachus Meerschaum. For a first time smoke - not bad. Often it takes me several bowls of a blend over a few days to really "get" the blend.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Finished a bowl of the sample. Following advice of others, I tend to smoke what I like and like what I smoke. This is a blend I can say I tried. That's about it.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
went to the post office today, i knew i had two packages there, and to my dissapointment only one package was mine. the package that was mine was my pipes, so i was still happy, but i didnt get my sample of anglers dream. hopefully i will get it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.