PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Here's the other Andrew Marks estate I picked up last week. Also from 1984. This one is sort of a billiard with a Danish style push stem. Compared to the other one, this one is kind of folksy looking, but very well made and looks to be a great smoker.
andrew-marks-84-billiard-004-600x400.jpg

andrew-marks-84-billiard-002-600x400.jpg

andrew-marks-84-billiard-001-600x400.jpg

andrew-marks-84-billiard-003-600x400.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
Nice grab pitch. I missed your other post but I like the other pipe as well. I actually like this one more, as I am usually not a plateau fan. I googled him and went to his website - nice stuff there as well.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Thanks, Peck. The old master is making me a fat little bent nose warmer for Christmas (or Halloween or whatever). Hope to get it sometime this fall.
BTW, not to hijack my own thread, but have you had a chance to try out any of the Michael Parks pipes?

Dec 24, 2012
Pitch, your ears must be burning. I actually lit up the poker this afternoon. I have been away the last week at a conference so never had a chance before today to give it a whirl. I opened the 2003 Christmas Cheer that you graciously sent me and tried it in the poker. What a fantastic smoke. One of the best smokes I've had in some time. I'd like to say it was the pipe, but 10 year old CC probably had more to do with it than anything else. Just a fantastic tobacco.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Pitch, your ears must be burning. I actually lit up the poker this afternoon. I have been away the last week at a conference so never had a chance before today to give it a whirl. I opened the 2003 Christmas Cheer that you graciously sent me and tried it in the poker.
That's too funny. Truly honored that you chose the 2003 CC for the inaugural voyage. I'm sure the Parks pipe is wonderful, but I've smoked a lot of VAs and the 2003 CC is pretty special. Glad you liked it. Just a small token of thanks for the _FULL 8oz BAG_ of Stonehaven you sent a few weeks back.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
How are you liking the stonehaven? Honest assessment - worth the hype or not?
Honestly, it's a unique tobacco with an amazing depth of flavor and a smoothness to go with it that is just unheard of. I also find myself smoking it more and more as I get to know it. I felt the same way about Penzance. And Full Virginia Flake. The truly great tobaccos kind of sneak up on you. They're obviously good from the start, but at some point you realize how special they really are. For me, Dunhill EMP is like that (though not so hard to get). I'm not sure any tobacco is worth the hype, but Stonehaven is no pretender -- it's the real thing. Thanks again for the "sample." I'm enjoying the hell out of it to be honest.

Dec 24, 2012
That's a great assessment. It is a high quality tobacco, but it ain't the second coming.
Aside from the Christmas Cheer, I have been enjoying the hell out Tashkent. I never considered myself much of a latakia fan but this stuff is really good - the orientals in the blend just make it sing. I suspect some folks would dislike the stuff though - sweet it certainly isn't. However, it has a very pleasant astringency and sour taste that I really dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.