PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Here I thought all the time and resisting looking at pipes, I was slowly curtailing my PAD. Brethern, I have backslidden...
Rossi Author - Rubino... good price and my finger was clicking before I could stop it.
002-577-2755.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Hey, we all give in sometimes and an Author is a fine shape to give in to, congratulations.

banjo

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I caved for the PC offer on a Tsuge "sampling" pipe, a straight biliard with a tapered stem. Since my Safari browser is blocking me on SP and Iwan Ries, PC has become my go-to online retailer. SPC used to offer rows of Tsuge econo pipes, but then they disappeared. At least this will put a Japanese pipe in my stable. I'm puffing on some Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic from PC, extra mild from my point of view, but a nice even burn with a mellow flavor. SWR regular is just too mild for me; I really can't taste it. But SWR Aro with Virginia and a liqueur flavoring is good, from the extra mild side.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
pipesmokingtom - Just do it...the Rossi Rubino Author is silly inexepensive for a brand new pipe...smoking pipes has them...

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think there's an old Jesuit saying that goes something like, "There is more sanctity in asking forgiveness than in asking permission."

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
In just a little over a month, I've bought seven 904s, and two 9004s. I'd say you're doing fine. At under $100, those Rossi's are a great value.

May 4, 2015
pipesmokingtom - Just do it...the Rossi Rubino Author is silly inexepensive for a brand new pipe...smoking pipes has them...
I know, but my shopping list is already at capacity. I'm going to get myself murdered or divorced.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like my Rossi's, a Vittoria prince and a Palermo zulu. These seem to be comparable to the Sav pipes in the same shapes.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Cortez: might have been in the same chapter as the verse "yea, and I saith unto you that it is better to be judged by twelve than carried by six"

Status
Not open for further replies.