PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
Not had much time to post much its been full on here but with 2 weeks annual leave about to start i am slacking off at work and dreaming of a pipe and a drink when i finish so i thought i would share few bits and pieces.

As some of u might recall i was broken into a little while back and the buggers made off with me pipes and tobbaco( as well as other stuff) and one of the members here took pity on my poor pipeless self and sent me one in the mail which he had just refurbished. mlyvers you a bloody good bloke .... its a damned nice pipe and it smokes well and i daresay its going to remain my favourite pipe if for no other reason than how i came by it.

For a while i was pretty annoyed, when i had everything stolen i had a couple Jake Hackert pipes in the mail which never showed up and and after everything i threw in the towel and vowed never to order a pipe from overseas again ... a couple days ago i get an email from Jake .... the pipes had been sent back due to an incorrect address on paypal but are now on their way back to NZ.... so faith restored i ordered another huge big pipe this time from boswells along with something to smoke and i am back on my way to smoking as i should again . To top it all off i have 14 great looking briar blocks and a pile of stems waiting to be turned into pipes ( haha not replaced most of my tools yet tho) so i will aim to carve a couple in my time off ... oh and the fishing here at the moment is crazy huge numbers of massive fish all over the place ( yesterday placed a good 12 KG of fresh filleted fish in my fridge with another 4 ish kg going to a friend)Things are looking good , now i get to order in as much tobacco as i can afford and see if i can stockpile.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Congrats, and glad to see you're back in the game. Keep a look out on eBay and notify the authorities when you see you pipes. The lowest of the low to steal a man's pipes.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Keep the faith brother. Glad you are on the road to recovery. I think in times of stress in our lives, I can't think of a better option then to smoke a few bowls to calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.