An Unexpected Visit to Georgia (Country) and Meeting with Kanse (Pic. Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
In another thread I gave some info about the local Novruz holiday and how important it was in our culture. During Novruz we managed to organize a short getaway with the family (my wife, my son and me), so I drove to a rural area. A friend of us has a nice house there, in total 4 young families met there including my brother-in-law and his family. We stayed there for few days and had lots of fun.
Before leaving the house I managed to grab some cigars
DL3CILS.jpg

and pipe tobacco including Lane 1Q (to please everyone with my smoke) and Wessex Gold Virginia Flake (to please myself) that has been gifted by my Secret Santa last year.
A view from the place that we stayed
ppXqSz6.jpg

We went to a nice fish restaurant near the lake
gjzb2Xi.jpg

On 21st of March we gathered around the fire and jumped over it to leave all bad luck on it
VgScAvg.jpg

Another morning
ZGRy0Tp.jpg

Then we went to the most famous lake in the region - Goygol (Blue Lake)
rNLeKB5.jpg

After staying there for 3 nights we decided to go to Georgia (country) which was only 2.5 hour drive. It was unplanned so it was going to be fun.
Some panoramic pictures from Tbilisi - capital of Georgia
AoFqNuF.jpg

yeupfit.jpg

Church on the mountain
LyQdJCo.jpg

Graveyard of the church on the mountain
yYa43fY.jpg

Panoramic view from a park
JQ4n3gv.jpg

One of the most interesting parts of the trip. Me (on the left) smoking together with our forum member Kanse (on the right). After arriving to Georgia I PMed him and asked about meeting. He was kind enough to come and spend few hours with me. We smoked some cigars, pipe tobacco, drank some nice coffee while talking. It was a great pleasure. Oh, I was also gifted an unopened tin of C&D Burley Flake No 3.
ZGNVFre.jpg

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Looks fun. Thanks for the pics.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Very nice story an pictures too. Thanks! I do have a question now. Are the cigars there as costly as pipe tobacco to get? Nice selection you had there. Hummm!

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Man ... for an ignorant fool such as myself when you say Gerogia, one thinks of saperavi and a few other grape variations ... but it seems there is so much more to the country, a lot more ... thanks for the pics mate !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.