Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Back from my weekly ivIG infusion and it's time for a pipe. Chose this other old soldier in training which has been due for a custom Forever Stem so I took a trip to the Old Log Cabin Pipeworks and found they had Forever Stems in stock for order but are limiting 3 Stems per customer. I ordered a swirled Caramel color.
Now enjoying a celebratory smoke of Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls which will probably be the last smoke in this pipe until the new Forever Stem arrives, keep it smokey.

banjo
35444424722_aeb6d04e31_z_d.jpg

34803374703_74fa4d0aa7_o_d.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Forever stems are among the best things that ever happened to MM cobs. I'm enjoying my new Dagner MM poker, which comes with an acrylic stem. I have three MM's with Forever stems.
Cobs are a reminder that the best things in life may not always be free but they don't have to cost a lot either.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Beware those log cabin stems. I bought three in a fit of excitement and found that they were uniformly poorly made. Tenons were way to big and would (and did) split the shank of a cob. Draw was tight. I fixed the ones that I bought, will buy no more, and will not recommend them to anyone that I don't hate. BTW the draw on a cob with the original "el cheapo" stem, is infinitely better.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Well that was some short-lived excitement. Any retort fishnbanjo and mso489? Haha
The Old Log Cabin stems aren't the same make as the "Forever" stems. The Old Log Cabin stems I bought were complete crap. Forever stems stopped being made, so that when these other stems started being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.