PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
A recent acquisition is this Comoy's Blue Riband. I thought it to be a fairly unusual shape. Stamping faint but negligible.
Comoy's Blue Riband
comoy123.jpg

comoys1111.jpg

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Indeed, a very unusual shape. Shape number? Is it marked Made in London England, or Made in England?
Dave

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Durham:
Those Comoy's Blue Riband burners are keepers, pal, and yours is just lovely.
You also have Ninja resto skills. What did it look like before these pix?
(My one and only BR was on life support until I sent it to Ejames and the ugly duckling became a swan - a flawed swan but still a swan nonetheless.)
Fnord

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Fnord, thanks! Yes this one will remian in my personal collection. This is the 'well seasoned' condition I received the pipe in. I do plan on trying a few of those 'Ninja' moves as you call them soon! :lol:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Very nice looking smoker. I like those square shanks. I read some about Comoy pipes after looking at yours and see that the the Blue Riband mark is one of superiority, as well as is the Comoy name.
I received my first authentic Comoy in the mail yesterday. Not pic capable at this time. It's a beautiful oval shanked Canadian with an unusual 'cut ring' near the top of the bowl and is in exceptional condition. I don't see a Comoy's marking on the stem. The briar is a Crescent series, and ironically, it arrived from Montreal!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I think that is a very unique Blue Riband shape.

Do you mind if I move this to the British Pipes section? (perhaps it will catch Neill Archer Roans attention)

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Durham
That is a magnificent pipe and in wonderful condition
Do you know what year the pipe is manufactured?
It's weight?
Good luck with it

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Handsome pipe, a keeper indeed. Looks like it will smoke really well. Nice balanced pipe too.

Status
Not open for further replies.