PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
I now have a tobbaco cellar and I never have to make that 9pm run to the store for a pack of cigs or fire up the long butts to make it till the morning. I do go to the tobbaco shop once a week but like last week i didnt make it so i just picked up a pouch of Carter hall at the grocery store.
ya know i dont miss them nights

PIPES ROCK!!!!

Jul 15, 2011
I place a tobacco order online every two weeks that usually consists of 4-8 tins, and one tin usually takes me a month to finish. Anyone see a problem with this? Me neither! :puffy:

chromenut

Lurker
Nov 8, 2011
I also am a recent convert. Now other than the PAD and TAD afflictions (yes, 42 pipes purchased in under a month!), I'm really comfortable with the pipes. Caught this horrible chest cold/upper respiratory crud, and had to put the pack down, but today smoked a pipe and what...no hacking, no wheezing, no suffering. I was surprised I can have a cold and still smoke a pipe. Doubt if I'm going to ever pick up that pack again!
DSCF2318.JPG

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Sad to say,but I still smoke nails. I smoke a pipe most when I'm not at work (hard to enjoy a pipe with a 15 minute break) I do smoke less than a pack a day though.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Really is nice having a cellar to dip into whenever needed rather than the late night run to the mini-mart!

I still smoke the occasional cig. Rarely more than 2 in a day, quite often several days at a go with none, thanks to the pipe.

And when I do decide to have one it's because I want it rather than need it. Not bad from 2 packs a day for 30+ years

And... due to that cellar when I roll one up I always have Kendal Kentucky available for the treat.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I find it easy to have a cig during breaks but I envy you who got rid of them. One day I will join you.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Wow, took me 20 years to accumulate 42 pipes (I have 68 now) and my TAD attacks are about 4 tins or bulks every 6 weeks or so. Thats not counting anything I run accross on the fly. This forum hasnt helped either, I am afraid. :crying: At least I'll have a stash when the apocolypse comes!

chromenut

Lurker
Nov 8, 2011
Wow, took me 20 years to accumulate 42 pipes (I have 68 now) and my TAD attacks are about 4 tins or bulks every 6 weeks or so. Thats not counting anything I run accross on the fly. This forum hasnt helped either, I am afraid. [:crying:] At least I'll have a stash when the apocolypse comes!

Hahaha... I guess I'm about the same way, stocking up for armageddon...lol

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Many years ago I used to smoke cigs as well as my pipe,couple of packes on a "good" day,then I decided I didn't want the cigs any more so I stopped and carried on with my pipe.I've only got 20 pipes so I have a long way to go yet.If it's taken me this long to get 20 then I don't think I'll make 42 in this lifetime LOL 'cos I'm 77 now :lol:

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
I too traded the pipe for the cigs this last summer. I have missed them, not at all. I only wish I had taken up the pipe much sooner. My TADs doesn't keep up with my smoking. I go through about four ounces a month. That's to say I smoke a little more than four tins per month. That costs more than a hundred bucks a month in Canada. At these prices I will never have a cellar.
I was a heavy cig smoker so I've begun to focus on high nic tobacco in hopes of reducing the number of bowls I smoke per day, about eight. It appears to be working. I'm a writer, so whether it is lit or not, the pipe is usually in my mouth if I'm awake, especially if I'm working.
Taking up the pipe has been one of the better decisions I've made lately. And the most pleasurable. I never actually enjoyed the damned cigs, I was just addicted.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I gave up nails for the pipe and will never go back, soooooooo much better. :puffy:

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
It's always nice to hear when someone switched to smoking pipes instead of cigarettes. Good for you Pawpaw.
+1
I'm 'bout due to place a wee order, but I don't have TAD like some of you guys. I'll place a good-sized order 3 or 4 times a year. I don't smoke that much 2 - 4 bowls a day - and keep a lot of stuff open, so 2 oz can last quite a while. Looking forward to trying the new Balkan Sobranie, though, and the replacements for BS 759. :puffy:

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
Gee...Started on home made cigars, behind the barn. (grew up on a tobacco farm in Ky.) went on to ciggies

when I was about 15, started with one of dads pipes when I hit 17. Kept all three going, depending on location of self. Added chewing tobacco when anti-smokeng Nazi's prevailed over the forces of freedon. Have NOT counted my pipes. Some things are best not to know. I have not purchased a new pipe since sometime around mid 60's but have bought around another 30 or so estate pipes in the last two months. Cleam em up smoke em sell or trade. Keep the unusual or very very old ones.

Havn't smoked a ciggie for 10 or 12 years. Still do the cigar thing once or twice a month though.

Status
Not open for further replies.