PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
http://www.yourdoctorsorders.com/2009/01/the-myth-of-second-hand-smoke/
For those who feel guilty about pipe smoking, or that they are potentially harming themselves and others by doing same, here is but one of many viewpoints from the other side...

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Second hand smoke is a myth, file it along with Man Made Global Warming. Don't get me started with the holes in Darwinian dogma. No, this thread doesn't have to be closed because of our different options on these wacky subjects. It's just so obvious that big Science benefits from fascist political ideals. Follow the money trail.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Second hand smoke is a myth, file it along with Man Made Global Warming.
Remember from the 1980s when eggs with breakfast were going to kill us?
People are fat because they eat too much and do not exercise enough. Period.
People die for many reasons, but most likely, lifespan is determined by genetics.
Civilizations die. This is not genetic, but reflects their choices. We can self-destruct.
It amazes me how most people are in denial about just about everything.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Deathmetal I wonder which politicians in the 80s were behind the egg fiasco? The Anti-Egg lobby was in full effect. Waiting for the turn around on trans fats. Ice Age hits and all of a sudden we need trams fats to protect us from the damn cold.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I love how the Surgeon who wrote this article, couldn't find anyone who gave second hand smoke as a cause of death. Hell when wood burns it gives off carcinogens. They would blow their heads off, if we still had to burn wood for our primary source of heat.

vink

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2015
Longueuil, Quebec
C'mon seriously you cannot believe that second hand smoke does nothing to your health and climate change does not exist! The few articles saying it does not exists are so not trustable! You Americans are so funny!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I think second hand smoke could complicate asthma for some people. I highly doubt second hand smoke alone can bring about lung cancer or force some to have limbs amputated like those crazy commercials suggest.
Loved the part where he said he asked many coroners if they've ever reported cause of death as second hand smoke and none of them had.
As for climate change I personally think of it as climate shifting and I would agree that man has had an effect on it.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
You got to go back to basic science on the climate issue. The water cycle, water displacement, understanding of CO2 and our relation to it, etc. Plus all the fake computer models lol. But yea, asthma would be a second hand smoke issue obliviously.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Deathmetal I wonder which politicians in the 80s were behind the egg fiasco?
I wish I knew, and which lobbyists they went to dinner with.
For climate change/carbon, the solution is simple... plant more trees. Might require tearing down a few malls, parking lots, stadiums and ghettos, but that's the price of progress.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
No one can look out the window and deny climate change is occurring. The impact of man is the arguable point. Climate changes by the minute, day, years and eon. Not gonna stop until the sun makes the earth a little puff of space dust.
As for secondhand smoke, of course it is a negative for many if just for the odor and eye irritating haze. And it certainly affects those with other health problems. Again, there is nothing positive about tobacco smoke or smoke from the campfire or exhaust vents on factories or the kimchi buried in the neighbor's yard, rotting away. Sorry, should have written aging or fermenting. No! Rotting is the correct word. There are some who enjoy such, most do not.
Smoking is a selfish diversion. We shouldn't be so dismissive of the effects of secondhand smoke if only because of the fact that some do not wish to be exposed to it. It's akin to vulgar language in the presence of ladies and children and other anti-social behavior. There is a reason that many years ago smokers did not smoke in public. Clubs and back rooms sufficed. Or out in the middle of the south forty.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I love it cosmic...that was great I will follow suit. Well put warren on climate change.

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
Also note that something does not have to kill you to be detrimental, whether to one's health or perhaps even a different facet of life.
I don't believe in trees. :puffy:

Now there's a quip for the ages! :lol:

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Secondhand smoke is for freeloaders, getting off without paying. That's why I require a two dollars a head SHS fee when people ride in the car with me or set in the room with me. If you are going to ride on my fumes, you gotta pay.
hahaha Michael, you nailed it! :lol:

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
But yea, asthma would be a second hand smoke issue obliviously.
I had asthma as a teenager and smoked steady the entire time. I had a complete pulmonary function test at 24 years old and was told that nobody had ever scored as high as I did. No explanation. At 45 years I had pneumonia and after the subsequent xrays ect. they commented that you would never know I had ever smoked. I guess I've grown out of it because it hasn't bothered me for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.