PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Let me start off by saying I got back into cigarettes at school because of the convince of them. So to help me get off them, my dad bought me an e-cig. The particular one he bought me uses little bottles of liquid flavoring to refill it. When empty, you open it up and fill it with the liquid. This got me thinking, why not put some of this flavoring on pipe tobacco? The liquids come in many flavors, and also are available nicotine free. You could put a drop or two of the nicotine free on some baccy and have a whole new experience. You could make mocha 1Q or blueberry 7 Seas. You could also put some with nicotine on it if you want to pump up the nicotine content. Adding more nicotine might help those trying to quit cigarettes, because as someone who smokes cigarettes, often I find that the pipe doesn't give me enough nicotine. I know talking about e-cigs is against the rules, but I'm talking about them in relation to pipe smoking. So if the other mods think this should be taken down, I understand.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
One reason I think this could be a bad idea is that those liquids aren't meant to be burnt. They're meant to be vaporized.

If you try and like it than more power to you but my personal opinion is that I want to reward these blenders for their work in the science of blending, tobacco growing, fermenting, curing, etc. and not just plop some chemical into the bowl to replace them.

I love the work that goes into making our hobby/ lifestyle enjoyable and is one of the reasons I'm so interested in this world of ours.
If its nicotine you're after and I see you love snuff, I've heard of guys putting a little snuff into their bowl for kick.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I think this could be a bad idea is that those liquids aren't meant to be burnt

Thats a good point, I hadn't thought of that.

If you try and like it than more power to you but my personal opinion is that I want to reward these blenders for their work in the science of blending, tobacco growing, fermenting, curing, etc. and not just plop some chemical into the bowl to replace them.

I haven't tried it yet, I'm not trying to replace anything, just change it up a bit. Kind of like how people mix blends together or layer blends. And as for the chemical part, the liquid is a base of propylene glycol (PG),vegetable glycerin (VG), or polyethylene glycol 400. Which are all vegetable based.Then they have flavoring of course. Is the flavoring made from natural flavors? probably not. But then not all the flavorings on aromatics are all natural.

If its nicotine you're after and I see you love snuff, I've heard of guys putting a little snuff into their bowl for kick.

I've tied it, and it's not bad. I don't absolutely need nicotine, I can go several days without a smoke, I just feel better when I get more of it. I'm aware I have a nicotine addiction.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Looks like you'll have to be the guinea pig and let us know how it works out. At the very least it will be interesting.

For the record I like the idea of e-cigs and will have one once in a while. But we can't really discuss that here :)

In my small experience the flavored ones have been disgusting.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.