PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Having been working over in Spain recently, took the opportunity to stock up on some of my favourite baccys, capstan flake & St. Bruno. Whilst in the tobacconist I noticed the dark blue pouch & a grinning pipesmoking Cossack on a pouch of 'amsterdamer'. Having not seen it before & costing only 3 euros I thought it rude not to try it. Sweet baby Jesus & the orphans! Who makes this? & why? To be fair it wasn't that bad, I've had worse, fairly slow burn & no tongue bite, but the taste! Not a taste I'd want in a pipe or roll up cigarette either. So I'm asking here for any suggestions (polite & sensible please) what to do with it or mix it with, as I'm at a loss what blends could make it smokeable. Or should I just toss the grinning Cossack in the bin?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Apparently others on TR share your opinion. It is a pretty cool package though.
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/4183/seita-amsterdamer

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Just my opinion. But over the years I've found that Jack Knife Plug is one of the best blending tobaccos. It makes bad baccy good an good baccy great.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
My parents had brought me back a pouch of 4 aces pipe tobacco one time from the US, it was just ryo tobacco with pipe tobacco on the label. I used it as kind of a filter and would put a bit in the bottom of the bowl.

palictyton

Lurker
Feb 28, 2016
I guess this really begs the question "What usually happens when you see a Cossack grinning"?

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Lol Simog, had a slog through a pouch of that stuff when I started pipe smoking a year and a half ago. My best suggestion would be to follow a bowl of it with a bowl of Clan....you wouldn't believe Clan could taste so good!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.