briarfriar

Can't Leave
Just saw this on Facebook:
img_2732.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Alright, a ready-rubbed, more affordable DFK blend. Hopefully it has that nicotine pop DFK blends usually have. Working through a tin of HH Bold Kentucky, and I really like the DFKs MacBaren uses.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Yeah, this is great news! I look forward to trying it! I still need to try their Burley blend so I’ll probably just add both next time I make a haul.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I'm getting a pouch for review. I'm looking forward to trying it.

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I confess to being shocked whenever a new blend is announced in this regulatory climate. Are the manufacturers just making hay while the sun shines or are they betting that the FDA won't follow through with the 2007 date?

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
That's a good question, litup. I suspect that introducing a new blend like this is not as big of a deal for a huge company like MacBaren. If they end up losing the blend in the U.S. market, they still have other markets to rely on, and given their other blends with these components, I doubt it requires much of a large financial investment.
Just conjecture on my part, really.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Smoking my first bowl now. Delicious and a little milder than ODF.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I really enjoyed the sample of Amphora Burley sent me by a member (and thanks again!). Though I have quite a stash for slow-smoking me, I think I may have to order and jar a pouch each of the burley and Kentucky. They really have the burley just right. Pouch tobacco is a grand old tradition.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
Briarfriar: Did you happen to catch which day it will be available? I will placing an order early next week, so I wanted to see if I'd be able to include a pouch in my order.
I really enjoyed the sample of Amphora Burley sent me by a member (and thanks again!). Though I have quite a stash for slow-smoking me, I think I may have to order and jar a pouch each of the burley and Kentucky. They really have the burley just right. Pouch tobacco is a grand old tradition.
I will have to add a pouch of the burley as well. I like the pouch presentation, and I certainly like the affordability.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I might like to take a look at your review, jiminks, before I order. You were right on Amphora Burley for my tastes, so I'd like to know how you find Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.