PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Americans: in light of the legislative climate, how are y'all balancing and prioritizing your ammunition and tobacco stockpiling? I'm running into problems balancing both! With hunting season behind us, I am assessing and realized I have spent far more on tobacco than ammo/magazines. Concerning...

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
As an outside observer, I think one is more likely to face increased taxes in the next 12 months+ and the other is more likely to face greater restrictions in the next 12 months+. Act accordingly...

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I hit what I shoot . When I was a young boy my father instilled in me the conservation of ammo . So baccy is my TAD .

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
I'm worried about on-line shipping restrictions concerning tobacco. The IPCPR sent out a memo warning people that states are starting to ask for invoices on tobacco shipped to their state. Meaning the tax man cometh. It may not matter to some but in my state its 95%.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Frankly, Mr Jud, I have found that you're the member most likely to jump on a thread that mentions guns or ammo and make it a controversy. Let's leave this one alone. Please place your personal prejudices aside and allow us our meanderings. There is NOTHING political about this thread.
Good evening, sir.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Most probably know this but be sure to store and watch your ammo. It does have a shelf life. That being said I split my budget between the two. Both WILL only go up in price and both will probably be illegal eventually.

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
Im aleady planning and getting ready to grow my own baccy on this farm this year,,NC is baccy country and Im gonna start out trying my luck with some virginia bright flue cured. The way things are going it will prob be the only way to go in the long run.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I am trying to squirrel as much tobacco away as I can afford each month. I expect the door to start slamming shut soon. You're really not paranoid if they are really out to get ya! :lol:

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Well working for a gun dealer I've seen the demand shoot through the roof. I think it's smart to stock up on ammo while you can but keep in mind everyone is charging more right now. If you have a decent stockpile hold onto it and wait another month or two and you'll see prices drop and availability increase. We got a shipment in today and within 5 minutes we sold out of .22, .223, and by the time I left at 6 we were out of 9mm and 7.62x39. Demand is insane right now and everyone is just trying to keep up. You might also consider selling what you have in small quantities for a profit.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Spent 5 years stockpiling all things gun now I'm on the tobacco run. Why is it that everything I love makes me an enemy of the state???

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
Been collecting guns and ammo since I was old enough to shoot. I also reload so I'm pretty good on ammo. My tobacco stash is pretty decent. Could be better. But I'd survive a few years without being able to buy any.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Like I've said for years, stockpile Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. If the government has a department(BATF) to regulate it, you'd better be stockpiling it.
:puffpipe:

htmn246

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2010
Good thing I live on the Oregon border I can drive to a great tobaco store in Portland.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
I work for a sporting goods store and let me tell you... Ammo demand is CRAZY. We can't keep some calibers in the store long enough. But as I'm not a shooter I have not been saving up as much tobacco as I should/would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.