PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
4fHkFha.jpg

It has been a burly (not Burley) week with tendrils of its origin in the fires below, but I finally made it to the mailbox to find... great delights. Bonehed sent over four delicious-looking samples -- Cuban Mixture, 1637, Tambolaka, and Virginia Spice, all of which I've been curious about -- and this attractive Norm Triptow bent bulldog style pipe. This was a spontaneous act of generosity and is much appreciated! I look forward to trying all those samples. Dadgy sent over a sample of Full Virginia Flake. In addition, someone tagged along the latest from Sadistic Intent for the death metal quotient. A great day at the post office; thank you all.

Cool, I was just wondering where you were.

All of those sound great. You'll especially enjoy that Virginia Spice. I love it on the hottest days of the year, with an ice cold fruit beverage at the swimming pool. The cigar leaf really makes it a smooth mouthfull type of smoke, but yet not too heavy for a hot day.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I was off doing required things. These last two weeks have been busy and it sort of culminated. I missed you all.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Is that pipe a Les Wood or Charatan?

Edit: ah,I see Norm Triptow - lets see some additional shots of this pipe (it looks very much like a Charatan Countryman, also done by Les Woods)

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I dunno... it seems really nice and everything, but I think you should acknowledge that great things arrive through the female also, otherwise it just seems sexist.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Agreed! I'm also glad that someone with photographic talent (bonehed) posted pictures, as most of my pictures are still lifes of my thumb.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
you should acknowledge that great things arrive through the female also, otherwise it just seems sexist.
Good point. Lots of great things arrive through the female. Off to check my Post Office box now...

Status
Not open for further replies.