PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
With the Hendrix shirt on I figured some rock and roll. But these kids blew me away, I don't watch talent shows as I use to be disappointed by them. I hope these two go far with their career. Wish I had the boys singing voice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7knUFWY2P44

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
And then there are the rest of us. I'd seen this before but never tire of it. I've been a musician for 50 years and have taught guitar lessons since I'm 16. The gift of music to a child is a life-long and sometimes life altering experience. Seeing young people like this makes my heart sing. Thanks so much for sharing this.

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Papipeguy, I want to thank you for teaching music to folks. I played a little bit of the clarinet in the 5th grade, but since never played again. Not sure if I'm to old to try and pick up a bass guitar and try plucking away or ordering some bagpipes and trying it out.
Seeing stuff like this gives me hope for future generations, and now I kinda wish I watched the talent shows. I really don't like seeing the judges bashing others as I was picked on some as a kid. That dude named Simon later retracted his statement and signed a deal with those two wonderful artist (at least I think it was the same guy who signed them). I'm setting here now listening to some great tunes.
Cajun you are indeed right, I'm glad he flat out side they were staying together.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Never saw or heard of this video before this posting. WOW! Does anyone know the name of this duo? Have they recorded? The girl is very good BUT the boy is simply phenomenal. I will watch this over and over. Thanks so much for posting.

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
Charlotte and Jonathan. After watching the video I went to youtube to listen to more. Incredible voice, and as Bradley pointed out great character.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Wow, that sent chills down my spine! Simon is an ass for sure, and I'm glad he didn't take his advice, I think the two of them complimented each other nicely. His back story is very moving as well, and I applaud the girl for befriending him and boosting his confidence. It'd be a shame to hide a voice like that away because he felt he had to be ashamed of himself.

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
They do have a album called "Together", and they had changed their dou name to Jonathan & Charlotte. I believe you can hear the whole thing on YouTube. I bought their first one but their second album isn't available in the US as of now.
Kent thanks for linking that waiting on it to load fully they sound pretty great so far.

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Finally just came to laptop and watched the video (internet here sucks). Those students are a whole lot of great! I hope each of them pursues a career in music, or at least put their talents to use. I will be showing that video to my friends and coworkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.