Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
Im looking for a tobacco that has a sweet entrancing smell. What tobacco blend do you think has the best room note. One that smells so good you just cant stop sniffing. Me personaly i want something that is sicky sweet smelling, like somthing you could almost take a bite out of. What are some of your favorites. Im looking for some new things to try. :puffpipe:

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
Awhile back I saw a post by Lawrence talking about Newminster Blackberry Brandy. He spoke so highly of it that I ordered some. Smells great before you light it! Tastes great! Wife says room note is yummy! - bob

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
:puffpipe: I generally love to smoke a good aromatic throughout the day, the months and the year and then all over again. The only time I really enjoy the pure tobacco taste and strong "stuff" is in the early morning before work. During the morning I will be smoking flake, brown bogie and mixes of several flake varieties including Samuel Gawith 1792 and on rare occasions Firedance.
I would love to know of tobacco members have tried that really tastes close to the way it smells. I enjoy the light flavor of Peterson's but honestly it is a light flavor and more of an aroma that is generated. I have tried several tobaccos from the local shops in the city and I have found a few vanilla and cherry blends that carry a taste with them and I have a huge tobacco order arriving that has many aromatics that I am hoping will delight my palette for the sweet stuff. Whether it's fruity, nutty, creamy or sweet in any way I am very happy but tongue bite of course plays into this conversation. I have also found that a few local baccys that smelled great burned very hot and were hard to keep lit. I let them dry out and then although they smoked well the burned fast with little to no taste to them.
So, a few great recommendations would be appreciated here. Thank you in advance. :worship:

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Best room note I've ever come across is MacBaren's Vanilla Cream Flake
It isn't very sweet tasting to me, but it has a very pleasantly sweet vanilla room note.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
The Peterson seasonal blends usually taste how they smell.
Zanthal is right MB Vanilla Cream Flake smells great

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
My favorite for room note would be Dan's Blue Note.
It's a great quality smoke for you and pleasant aroma for bystanders. It's a win win.
My wife really likes the aroma of Nording Labrador as well. I'm sure there are many others but I just haven't taken that much of a liking to aros.

will

Might Stick Around
Jul 8, 2012
My wife too enjoys the room note of Mac Baren Vanilla Cream.

Very nice tobacco.

machurtado

Lurker
Jun 12, 2012
I'd have to second the Christmas cookie it's one of my favorites. I also enjoy blue nite and devils holiday from Dan tobacco.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
if you like the smell of a campfire i would say DH nightcap. thats my kind of room note.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
^ Yep. ^ I turn on a fan and set it in front of me if I'm watching TV with the lady. That way the smoke doesn't get in her face. As for the smell though, she's learned to deal with it.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I've tried numerous aromatics to get ready for winter smoking indoors that the family will tolerate - out of several ones I tried, these were the best on room note (and they all tasted great too).
Newminster Blackberry Brandy
Boswell's Chocolate Cream Creme
Bleeker Street from Pipeworks & Wilke

Personally, there's others I tried that had a nice room note if you're a pipe smoker, but the ones above the family rated as the best.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Boswell Chocolate Creme for sure!!! I just want to eat it everytime I open the jar haha.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Boswells christmas cookie, macbaren vanilla cream flake, and summer sangria from forum member pipeinhand, not sure if its available yet for purchase though.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Halfling Leaf received the highest room note rating ever from my wife, tolarable and reminds me of my grandfather.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I was recently contacted by pipeinhand, and learned that the summer sangria is available. I would definitely recommend picking up a couple ounces of it. The first time i smoked it was at a cigar shop during one of there events. I was the only one there smoking a pipe, but got rave reviews from the cigar smokers as soon as i lit it up on the room note.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
I second Boswell's Christmas Cookie on room note. Also have to throw in Boswell's Berry Cobbler, it makes me drool every time I open the jar. Room note is just as pleasant as the Christmas Cookie IMO.

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
Seems like Boswells christmas cookie and Macbaren vanilla cream flake are the top 2 so far

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
I'm a Boswell aro fanboy lol. I'm smoking a bowl of Vanilla cream...mmmmmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.