PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
Who else enjoys this great time of day? Great, along with my TAD & PAD, I now have CAD ;-)
Some of my recent add-ons for the AM cup-o-joe delight;
1-Beko Automatic Turkish Coffee Maker..just an outstanding lil machine
1-Chemex 8-Cup, some of the best coffee I have ever had is from this simple lil device...
The coffee I have been working with and have been having outstanding cups with the AM smoke;
~For the Beko ~ Mehmet Efendi Turkish Coffee
~For the Chemex ~ Arvid Nordquist Classic Coffee Extra Dark Roast

soggycitybob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2013
Portland, OR
While I'm unemployed and have my mornings free for a short while, I'm enjoying a nice morning smoke with a nice cup of Joe. My dad brought up some delicious Costa Rican coffees, which are making a mighty fine complement to the morning tobacco.

Aug 1, 2012
Ooh, Turkish coffee. Where's that drooling smiley again? A well made cup of coffee can be as much a ritual as a pipe. Combine the two and heaven is just a little closer.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
This has been a summertime treat for me. I'm not about to sit up on deck if it's windy and rainy, but now the the mornings are beginning to be warm again I love to have a smoke with a cup of strong coffee. I prefer a medium-dark roast like French roast or Colombian roast.
It's a great way to start the day.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
I desperately try to avoid CAD. My favorite coffees tend are Costa Rica Tres Volcanes and dry processed Ethiopian Sidamo. I really enjoy the pour-over style of preparation and I find Chemex to be be a close second.

Jul 12, 2011
Nice gents.
I really hope I score a Hario Coffee Siphon Syphon TCA-5 EX Vacuum Pot 20 Ounce

for Father's Day...YouTube has good videos on the process...pretty

damn cool lil system. The kicked is you really should have a good

butane burner with this system and they cost almost the same amount

as entire system :-( I have a bunch of chemists in the family, need to

reach out and see if they can snag me a cool burner for it perhaps
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009GO60D2/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1370342853&sr=8-4&pi=SL75
At the rate my CAD is working you might just see a TheSmokinDragon

Cafe & Tobacco Shop soon ;-)
Having some nice Turkish coffee this morning with a pipe full

of SG 1792 to start the day right

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
The best way to start your day!
Nothing more enjoyable than a early morning cup of Caribou coffee Guatemala El Paraí­so with a bowl of Presbyterian Mixture on the deck before work time.
Everyone enjoy your week!

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
Since I have to smoke outside I enjoy several cups of Peet's Major Dickenson coffee made in a French press and a pipe full of McClelland's Mature Virginia No. 27.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
The morning pipe and coffee is my favorite time of day. My favorite is Blue Mountain coffee, with a Virginia blend.

flippinbird87

Might Stick Around
Jun 25, 2012
Since I am sensitive to caffeine, I drink either oolong or black (PGtips) tea in the morning with my first pipe of the day. No coffee for this one..... I guess the English in my genes has finally poked its head out :mrgreen:

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
You can't go wrong with a pipe and coffee! My preferred way to start the day!
-Frank

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Weekends I treat myself with my Ibrik and a nice slow bowl of some sort of VaPer.
Lately on weekdays it's diner coffee and a bowl of Peterson Irish Oak as I start my "tour" of the city.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
For me, smoking my pipe in the AM on a warm summer morning with a cup of coffee, the paper and plain old quiet is absolute bliss. I relish these ever shortening (it seems) summer mornings. I'm not necessarily an early riser, but I'll get out of bed early when the weather is right just for that opportunity. While I can appreciate a good cup of quality coffee, some Folgers Dark Roast is all I need. I'm out on the patio now, shorts, no socks, smoking, listening to XM Radio hockey with my pipe, nearly as good as the AM.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Coffee, the pipe, and a newspaper have been part of my morning ritual since I retired almost 10 yrs. ago. Life is sweet.
Can't wait to get there myself cortezattic.....

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Interesting comments on new coffee blends that of which I had not heard.
Have sampled lots of them - Several Marley blends (tend to be too "toasty" for me). Several Lavazza blends - Gran Filtro regular and dark roast, Costa Rican Tarrazzu, Dark Brazil Santos, several coffees from Kahladi Bros. up in Alaska...
So far, I like the Lavazza Crema e Aroma or their Gran Filtro bean coffee the best - ground between medium and fine and prepared in a French Press. The dark roasts are often more oily and stick in the burr grinder's plastic beaker, so I am leaning toward staying away from them. Have had coffee prepared in a Chemex long ago, but don't remember much about it, since I was not such a coffee sensualist at that time.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
Since the weather in the Northeast has been so warm recently, I've started smoking early in the morning, with coffee. Wow! What a great match. One of the most peaceful pastimes at the most peaceful time of day. At that time, there is no wife, no kids...just me, the pipe, and the dog!

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I'll admit that somehow....a hot drink just doesn't sound appetizing while drinking a pipe. But now y'all have me so intrigued.....and I have a brand new deck.....and tomorrow I have a day off.....may just have to try a pipe and coffee before the wife and baby are up and at 'em.
And, I have a pound of coffee from Nicaragua that someone just flew home with and gave to me....

Status
Not open for further replies.