PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Just put in an order for a Cherrywood Meerschaum Pipe from Altinok Pipes. Hoping I didn't make the wrong move as the pipe isn't made yet (made to order 4-5 weeks) I'm a little concerned with everything going on Turkey and all the hubbub going on with the Meer market. I went with it as I see quite a few happy smokers of Altinok pipes (and the large cherrywood looks sweet).

Fingers crossed :?

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
That is a great looking meer, gnat. I hope all goes well with it. Let us know how it turns out, too. Enjoy!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is a great looking pipe. I hope you used a credit card and not paypal. Paypal only gives you 45 days if there is a problem. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Congrats gnat, As far as I know Altinok is a well respected meerschaum brand that's been around a while. I wouldn't fret. I like smooth meers and I think that one will be a winner.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Good looking pipe. Please keep us informed of your experience. He has a couple cuttys on his site that I was drooling over for a bit. The ordering and waiting period scared me off though. If your experience is good, I may have to bite the bullet and place an order.

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
I like the shape, and I haven't heard anything negative about Altinok. Keep us informed when you get this meer.

jerry

Dec 2, 2009
Western Massachusetts
I have had positive dealings with Altinok for many years. Ever meer I bought from Altinok was excellent, along with my experience of fine customer service.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
My experience with Altinook was good. I know there are reports of issues. Don't expect a lot of communication. I placed my order and, after receiving the confirmation email, heard nothing for three or four weeks and then, suddenly, received notice of shipping.

Dec 24, 2012
I ordered an LVC pipe from Altinook a couple months ago and everything went smoothly. Good luck, and love the cherrywood.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
heh...thanks for all the well wishes. I'm going to think positive with this transaction (though fingers will stay crossed). The timing is right to hopefully receive this around my birthday in August.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Got a bit impatient waiting for this guy so I made the mistake of visiting the Fikri Baki sight.

This guy was sitting there in Florida waiting for me. Was delivered today to my friends store (2 days, not bad). I hope to pick it up on tuesday since im on vacation.

Bowl Height : 2 1/8 " - 55 mm

Bowl width : 1 9/16" - 40 mm

Inside Diameter: 15/16 " - 24 mm

Bowl Depth : 1 5/8 " - 42 mm

Length : 5 3/8 " - 14 cms.

Weight : 1.6 oz. - 46 gr.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Great looking Baki! The mount really looks good on that pipe. That also appears to be a Cumberland stem. if so it is really going to be a lot more comfortable than the acrylic stem on the first pipe. What are you going to do with the Altinok?

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
To me Baki makes, hands down, the most beautiful meers. Both are beautiful pipes but the Baki just has a little bit more refined look that just tells you it's going to be a new favorite and great smoker.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
"What are you going to do with the Altimok?"
I'm gonna smoke it.
Gonna be cool to compare the qualities of the Meers first hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.