PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcosmoasp

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I received my free sample the other day, and it turned out to be a tin of #5 blend. I decided to get an 8 oz. tin after just three pipes. It's a very pleasant smoke--kind of a Balkan Sasieni light. I'm no reviewer and possess no vocabulary for this task that doesn't sound overused (e.g., "smoked down to a fine white ash", etc.), but was very pleased. It's my favorite after lunch blend.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
I also received No 5. It remind me more of Dunhill 965 than any other blend. I loved 965. I would buy this. I really like it. It tastes good and has a kick.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
That's what I received as well.

It is good but I wasn't as thrilled with it as I have been with some other latakia blends.

It does go good with Ezra Brooks neat.

Kind of a contrast and comparison... spicy and sweet.

jcosmoasp

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Pstlpkr, I'll have to try some Ezra Brooks. I'm sort of stuck on either Beam Rye or Knob Creek of late. The No. 5 has an aroma that seems bigger than the flavor profile, but I like them both. I usually have an elk steak sandwich (still working on the elk!) and a PBR for lunch--only 16 working days until I retire, so I'm trying to keep lunch to an hour and a half. One sip of Ezra, and I'd bag the whole afternoon!

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
I have had 1 drink in 10 days. I'm no quitter. I'm just pacing myself. I do think it's a record though, going back to age 15. When I was in the hospital for 3 weeks doesn't count, because I had a morphine drip : )

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
The last time I was in the Hospt. Mick I asked for a Martini drip, but the Dr. said it wouldn't work for two reasons, one; it would be too dry, and the olives would clog up the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.