PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffboyrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2012
After having a crappy day at work yesterday, my mailbox greeted me with my free sample from Altadis, a 1.5oz tin of Sutliff's Molto Dolce. I was surprised Altadis would send a more "premium" tobacco as a free sample. I'm going to jar it up and let it sit for a week or so, before packing in a pipe. I'll write a review when I have had a chance to adequately do so.
I was rally surprised to see it arrive so soon after completing their survey, which I think I completed around the holidays. I requested a sample from a different site, I think it was associated with CB, in October and I still have not received it. Not that I am complaining, it's free tobacco that I am certainly not entitled to.
I'd be interested in hearing what tobacco's other might have received as their sample from Altadis?

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I received a tin of Sutliff Blend No.5 from Altadis. And a 50g pouch of Skandinavik Full Aroma from STG. Both were excellent and plan on buying more.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I had the same thing happen. I signed up for the free tin a few weeks went by so I had forgotten I did so. Then one day like you I wasn't having too great of a day and opened the mailbox to find the free sample. It was Molto Dolce and my only advice is let it air out a little before smoking it. Enjoy.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I got Great Outdoors and sadly didn't like it. You feel like a heel not liking free baccy. I did love the Sutliff Bacchanalia crk69 sent me though; really did taste like red wine.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't received a sample but I bought some Altadis and have enjoyed it. My

Altadis is B20 Black Cavendish, which is mild but flavorful to me, and goes great

in a big bowl, and stays lit. Also, their Smooth Black and Golden Cavendish B27,

which is a little more nuanced but also mild and easy to keep going. And finally,

their Balkan II which I think is a refined blend, stronger than the Cavendish but

pleasant. These are nice in rotation with stronger blends, Dunhill 965 and

Five Brothers, and others. Altadis keeps the price reasonable, but does some

pleasant tobaccos.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I just filled out the form for a free sample from Altadis earlier today. I do hope it arrives in a decently reasonable time as I will be changing residences in a little over 2 months.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I received a tin of Sutliff's 'Great Outdoors' twice from Altadis. I do enjoy the tin note of what I'd call a Root Beer Float. However not so much it's chemical taste.

jeffboyrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2012
MSO- I also like their B27, smooth black and cav. My B&M has a very small bulk selection, but B27 just happens to be something they carry. Neat to see B27 getting some recognition.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Jeffboyrd, we know a good thing when we smoke it! I hope Altadis keeps their quality up

and their prices reasonable.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I wish, for obvious reasons, they were giving out samples of Edward G. Robinson pipe tobacco. I'd like to try it without having to buy close to $40 for a tub. Too bad it's not sold in pouches.

Status
Not open for further replies.