PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Last week i took abreak from smoking, i did bring a pipe and a tin of orlik home, I left them both in my car, the pipe is fine, but my orlik doesnt taste very good anymore, it seems to have lost its sweetness, and is just kind of bland. What could have caused this?
The weather wasnt super hot or cold, around 55, the tin wasnt in the sun, i just cant figure it out, i wonder whats wrong.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Not quite as moist as when i bought it but it definitely isnt super dry, i keep my tobacco pretty moist, i like it better that way.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Maybe it's a temporary change in your taste buds, due to an oncoming cold or something similar.

Jul 15, 2011
I experienced something like this when I quit smoking during my NaNoWriMo run. I put the pipe down for 11 days and when I came back to it, some baccys tasted better, some just tasted different, and few tasted worse. I think it is just a matter of your taste buds resetting themselves after not smoking for so long. I kind of have to train my pallate to taste certain things, and if I don't smoke a certain blend for a while, I have to re train myself to pick out all the different flavors again. Good example, a few days before I started the contest, I smoked a bowl of John Pattons Latakia Junction, which has 50% Latakia. I tasted nothing. I came back to the blend about 4 or 5 days after completing my goal, lit it up, and went, "Whoah! Lat bomb!" It's just a chemistry thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.