PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Shipping costs to Canada were a bit high, i narrowed it down to one tin of Davidoff medallion flake cause im dying to try a good va/per but the shipping was 35$, man the tin is 10$ lol FML. i couldn't do it. i just have to wait until that good old Canadian Box Pass starts up again.
please note im not looking for handouts guys just wanted to state this. im willing to pay crazy amounts for tobacco just to try it but in no way will i spend triple the cost of the tobacco itself just to have it shipped.
What an upset.
I had 5 different tobaccos in the cart, bulks and tins, it was 55$ worth but then another 55$ to ship it. i dam near fell off my chair. haha. 8O

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
First was pipes and cigars i wanted to try some of their bulks and second was 4noggins which was not as bad but still double the price of the tin to ship. i mean i don't even know if i would like it. if i was sure of my order it would have been easier to pull the trigger but not right now after Christmas, wife's birthday and my sisters wedding i cant afford such luxuries as shipping haha

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Hey smokey, the last order I got from 4noggins was only $13 to ship and we're essentially in each other's backyard, it was a much slower shipping method but I still got it in about 10 days.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Subtotal: $31.13

Shipping & Handling: $19.05

Estimated Tax: $0.00

Total: $50.18
for
A.C. Petersen ESCUDO 50g

Item Number: ESC5

$9.75
Benjamin Hartwell SIGNATURE BLEND 50g

Item Number: BHSB5

$10.49
Davidoff FLAKE MEDALLIONS 50g

Item Number: DAFM

$10.89
Just to show you whats in the cart also which one do you guys recommend as my first va/per

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Yeah, have a look at the shipping methods. If you are willing to wait a bit longer, you can get some decent shhipping charges. Have had that same kind of issue before, but went back and looked at shipping and adjusted accordingly. I have ordered from 4noggins, P&C and SP and they all have had that option.
If you want it ASAP, then of course you have to pay the toll.
Cheers!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I agree with rothnh: Escudo is a good place to start. If you don't like that, you probably won't like VaPers, unless you smoke the sweeter varieties like H&H Virginia Spice, and/or Stokkebye LNF.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I noticed that Pipes & Cigars is way more expensive on the shipping. The breakdown you just posted makes more sense and is much closer than what I paid. Also the price increases for USPS and Canada Post were just implemented for the year 2 weeks ago and I'm pretty sure my order arrived before those increases.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
I noticed that Pipes & Cigars is way more expensive on the shipping.
It is a bit more expensive, but they have the best tracking. I tracked my last P&C order from shipping all the way to my door..........and it arrived a day or so earlier than expected. The SP & 4noggins, the tracking does not seem to work in Canada..........for me anyways.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I have to figure something out because i wanna start storing tobacco and get a good stash going but i don't know what to store yet cause i haven't tried a whole lot. i need to make some calls to these tobacconists and see what they suggest. im Sure that my tastes are limited to aromatics(as if that narrows it down) and Virgina's/ VA/PAR's
the thing that caught my attention with the davidoff medallion flake was the fact it contains Black Cavendish i assume that would make for a pleasant taste and easy move from aros being most aros contain this. i could be dead wrong here i dont know.
EDIT: i have also started a tobacco journal so i can remember what i liked.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
Just got an order from 4noggins and it cost $13 for shipping. You can choose whatever shipping you want. USPS Ground is the cheapest.

Dec 24, 2012
It is a bit more expensive, but they have the best tracking. I tracked my last P&C order from shipping all the way to my door..........and it arrived a day or so earlier than expected. The SP & 4noggins, the tracking does not seem to work in Canada..........for me anyways.
that's because P&C doesn't offer first class mail delivery to Canada - only priority and express are available there.
SP and 4noggins offer first class mail delivery, which is must cheaper (but takes longer). Also, unlike the other, first class only tracks to the point where the order leaves the US - it does not track through Canada like priority or express.
98% of the time I order first class.

Status
Not open for further replies.