Almost Done with My Own Personal Smoking Space.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I have two options to where I can smoke my pipes. Outside or in the enclosed back porch. So a few months ago I decided to fix up the back porch. I gutted it and installed new insulation in the walls and ceiling, installed new pine boards on walls and ceiling, installed two new vinyl windows, fresh paint and some cheap indoor/outdoor carpet (temporary). I put my life size Ben Franklin bust out there and added some decor. I still have more to do...install a baseboard heater for the winter, paint the little blue table, get a new cushion for my storage box/seat, install better flooring and some more pipe related decor.
The whole space is approximately 7'x15' and has great ventilation between the screen door and two windows. Since I only smoke once sometimes twice a day this space suits me just fine. It's still a back porch so I don't leave my pipes or tobacco out there...they stay in the house.
img_20180729_125805-edited.jpg

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
Is it warm enough for winter time?

Unfortunately I have to limit my pipe smoking to warmer part of the year.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Good work! You should continue with a Colonial theme for your smoking room, get some furniture like this:
Colonial+Writing+Desk.jpg

Looks like you have some Colonial wall decor already. Maybe add something like this:
692eb8cef650f8b41c0ba3e613e27c21--rustic-wood-decor-flag-ideas.jpg

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Looks sweet. I have a porch and in winter a long extension cord for an electric blanket...yeah, I'm a sissy. Can't deal with the cold....old, too.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Is it warm enough for winter time?
No. It will be though. I am going to put in an electric baseboard heater.
Good work! You should continue with a Colonial theme for your smoking room
I agree. I always liked the Colonial theme. I also have a Thomas Jefferson bust (not as big as B.F.) I plan on putting on one of the shelves.
Very nice.Just looking at how relaxed you are it made my blood pressure go down !
Thanks 3rdguy. I'll be even more relaxed with a thicker cushion. :D

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Nice little set up ya got there Brother!Now a keg-er-rater and your good to go... :wink:

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
pepesdad1... that's an idea or I can sit out there in a snowsuit. :)
weez... Thanks - I have a college fridge not being used in the garage. Maybe I'll bring it in next summer and fill it up with some ice cold beers.

filmshooter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2017
You may be able to find a small pellet stove. I love my pellet stove, efficient, nice ambiance, and easy to install.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Thanks seanv & alexnc.
filmshooter...I'll look into a pellet stove. I don't know anything about them. Will it get too warm? I don't want to be out there smoking my pipe in my underwear. :oops:

filmshooter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2017
Pellet stove can be thermostat regulated and some can be run without the blower so you can just use it as a fireplace. Any stove will be plenty for that space bit can also provide a way cozy retreat.

Status
Not open for further replies.