PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff59

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2011
Any Pipe Clubs or pipe smokers in the Allentown, Reading area in Pennsylvania. Give me a shout.

lildutchboy

Lurker
Dec 1, 2012
I know this is an older thread, but Cigars International in Hamburg has a large selection of pipes and a pipe tobacco blending area. Lots of places to sit around and enjoy a smoke, if any of you are still interested. Going to hopefully pick up a new churchwarden there this week.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Hey, thanks for the info on Cigars International. I'm on 78 frequently and saw the billboard proclaiming that it is now open. I'll give it a shot.
Jeff: Wingenroths is in nearby Lebanon, PA and is one of the best shops on the East Coast. Outstanding tin selection, always some good estates and the owner (Mel) is a real gem.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Allentown has the self-proclaimed "largest cigar store on the East Coast". Their door sign says "pipes" and they have a big pipe sign. But alas, not a pipe item to be found inside. Too bad, one of the nicest lounges I've ever seen.

Feb 8, 2013
Jim Thorpe, PA
New pipe smoker here. Originally from Allentown, living in Jim Thorpe. The Wooden Match in Bethlehem, a cigar bar and is pipe friendly. Apparently there is a Club Lounge in the work there. Great food, beer, and live music.
Chris

carbz13

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2013
Cigars International in Hamburg just started a Pipe Guild last month, there was about 20 people who showed up. They're tying to build the group to get more pull with all of the manufacturers, so if you're interested at all I'd check it out. The next meeting is Monday 2/18 at 7pm. It's a free group and they offer discounts for all guild members too.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I just stopped by yesterday. They had exactly one tin each of Dunhill MM965 and Balkan Sasieni. I wish they'd keep a bigger stock of those two. I did enjoy an hour of smoking in the upstairs lounge area.

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
Gents,
I'm from the Bethlehem area and have been contemplating putting together a pipe club. If any of you are interested let me know. C.I has a great pipe guild, but really, who has time on a Monday night to drive all the way up to Hamburg...I know I don't. If any of you are interested, let me know, and maybe we can get something together, even something small to start. I figure the Wooden Match would be a great place to meet up since it is smoking friendly, plus great food and drinks. Let’s see what kind of feedback we get, and then we’ll go from there and figure out the logistics.
Sean Lamb

"You might find that smoke blown out cleared your mind of shadows within. Anyway, it gives patience, to listen to error without anger" (J.R.R.T)

Feb 8, 2013
Jim Thorpe, PA
Sean, I'm interested and I like the Wooden Match idea, I love it there. If you are on the mailing list, they just sent out a announcement that they are accepting applications for the club lounge on the third floor. Lots of cool things happening there as well.
Chris

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
I did see that, it is a great place, relaxed, and one of the only decent places to smoke...if you’re not looking for a shot and beer bar like the OBT or Joes :P In any case We got one, how many more of you Brothers of the Briar out there want to form up a pipe club here in Bethlehem!
Sean Lamb

carbz13

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2013
It's still a bit of a drive for me, but I'd be willing to try and make some meetings.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I'm in Hanover Township, so I can be there in 10 minutes. CI no longer owns the Wooden Match but as far as I know nothing has changed re smoking policy.

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
Yea they do not own it, but that's neither here nor there; policies are the same and actually it's doing much better and no one seems to mind the pipe smoke either. Getting there, so that’s about three now, and I have a few here. Are weekends good for most of you?
Sean

Feb 8, 2013
Jim Thorpe, PA
Right now weekends are not good for me. Not sure in the future, my schedule is unpredictable... I will try to make it when a day is set.
I think the Wooden Match would be thrilled to have a pipe club get together at their establishment. Heck they might even start selling tobacco if there is enough interest!
Chris

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
Tell me more about this "wooden match"?

We have a club that meets every Thursday at El Humidor in Wilkes Barre. The last Thursday of the month we can be found at Ash in Plains twp just up the road. The club is called PIPE, Pocono Inter mountain Pipe Enthusiasts. PM me with any questions........
PIPE Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.