PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Allan, thank you so much for the gift basket you sent me. I just got home and caught the UPS guy as he was delivering it. I was wondering if it was something for my kids because I had not ordered anything in the last week or so. When I opened the package, I saw your note and was blown away. I have never seen a gift basket loaded with so many goodies. This thing has Godiva chocolate treats, smoked salmon, cheese, dried salami, I could go on and on as there must be over 20 items in the basket, all of them gourmet treats from a bunch of well known companies. I cannot thank you enough for your generosity and for your friendship. It really means a lot to me that you would do something like this, thanks again my friend.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Smoked salmon makes my mouth water, nice one :) Nothing better than "cured" meats.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Peck
You are too funny.
Harris
I've said it frequently on the forum. I can't even imagine what pipes or tobaccos I would have been smoking, most likely led by some tobacconist somewhere; probably Dr. Grabow would have been top of my list (no offense to Dr fans)and I would have continued with "Sail", or 'Amphora', or the like.
There has never been a time when you were too busy to get back to me with my new 'emergency info' I would need immediately. Your knowledge of everything tobacco and pipes is absolutely priceless, and it is my privilege to call you my friend.
Thank you, sir.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Allan, it has been my pleasure helping you with your pipe and tobacco purchases. You have been a great student because you actually listen to the advice that I give you. We have scored some pretty great pipes and tobacco together over the time we have been friends and I look forward to continuing to build your collection and cellar. Thanks again my friend for the great gift you sent me.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Nice going Allan. I too owe Harris a great deal for his generosity, great sense of humor and advice - thank you Harris for being here.

Dec 24, 2012
Harris, have you checked the basket for a white powdery substance? That's what Jack Bauer would do.
Seriously, a classy thing of Allan to do. I have also been putting together a large gift basket for you. Unfortunately I am on Imodium at the moment so the centrepiece of the basket isn't coming together as quickly as I would have liked.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Allen that is a classy thing you did, but then in my book you're a classy guy.'Peck you need to spin the basket while you make the Centerpiece. You could call it the Zesto Special.

nyamuk

Lurker
Nov 28, 2013
Being a new member posts like these reaffirm that this culture of pipe smokers is a tight knit one. Its great to be a part of something like this

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I totally agree with Anthony. There is no other forum I deal with where people act with the level of kindness and admiration of folks that they have (probably) never met than this one.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Nice gesture Allan. :clap:
What I love is these kinds of things seem to happen year round in this forum, not just near the holidays. Generous lot this bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.