PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
May 31st is "International No Tobacco Day" let's celebrate this lunacy by going out in public and firing up a bowl or two!

This should be the tobacco pipe smokers version of 4/20!

Who's with me?

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Since that day falls on my weekly poker night, myself and a few guys will be firing up pipes and cigars. I'm sure I'll have several bowls that day and a cigar or two.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Isn't that for sure. I recently learned that there was a National Amaretto Day a short time back. Really, what's so great about Amaretto that it gets it's own day of recognition. I enjoy Amaretto from time to time, but a day dedicated to it seems weird. Of course others would probably think the same about IPSD. Of course I think that's one of the best days, but I'm biased.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
That's why I don't live in "international" and choose to live in America where I will smoke my pipe, or a good cigar, whenever I choose..........

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Hah! I think I will join in on this. Peacefully protest in the park with my pipe...now that's some alliteration. Honestly what a ridiculous day to have.

gungnir

Lurker
May 22, 2012
Really? That's just absurd, the days people celebrate; There are time I wonder what is the world coming to? :crazy:

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
There are big posters advertising this on many bus stops in Australia. Going to enjoy a bowl at university with the fellow pipe smokers.

stogie37

Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
In the spirit of "cooperation", I might be tempted to "particpate" in their no tobacco day, and consume 0 tobacco on that day, if they in turn promised to level 0 objection to my tobacco use anywhere, any time, any place the other 364 days of the year. :nana:

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
At work, there is a calander posted with an official holiday for every single day. Pesonally I enjoy National Talk Like a Pirate Day.

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
I will smoke many bowls that day as I do every day.
Irish Motto
Its my life

I live it, I love it.

Criticism be damned!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I recently learned that there was a National Amaretto Day a short time back. Really, what's so great about Amaretto that it gets it's own day of recognition.

At work, there is a calander posted with an official holiday for every single day.
Remember, fellas, these aren't "holidays" like Memorial Day or Thanksgiving. Amaretto Day is probably declared by some outfit with a financial interest, just like "Sweetest Day" was invented to push flower,candy, and greeting card sales.

I personally am in favor of "National Sit Back, Smoke a Bowl, and Have a Wee Dram Day", but it's too long to be catchy. :puffy:

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Not only will I smoke my pipe in the park on that day I will smoke the foulest smelling tobacco I have, even if I don't like it.... :rofl:

thebadkitty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 29, 2012
Albany, Oregon
I am too! Tracking info says that Intnl No Tobacco Day will be the day my monthly pound gets delivered, along with a sample of Cerberus. Perfect timing! Thankyou P&C!

Status
Not open for further replies.