PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edvard

Lurker
May 9, 2014
United States
Hey, I hope I am not posting this in the wrong place. I'm still figuring out the forum. But I am fairly new to pipes and was wondering if I could get some advice. I see a ton of the "Wizard" and "Gandalf" stile pipes out there. I'm sure you have as well. I know this can be annoying to many seasoned pipe smokers and this post may cause an epidemic of eye strains from the constant rolling of them. But has anyone tried these pipes? I hear they are rather light. I am used to briars as it's all I have experience with. Are they sturdy enough or does the mouthpiece fall apart easily from biting. I would like a church warden as I would like a cool draw but is it worth it to spend the money on one of these? I am a fan of the Tolkien series but what I really want a couple for is festival. My lady and our kids perform in a dance troop and dress in traditional eastern European garb. Usually we smoke cigars at these. At least most of the men, and some of the women. I recently have been teaching my son to pack a pipe like my dad showed me and I thought a couple of these would be fun. I have seen the Polish and Ukrainian pipes but they have a metal bowl which I don't thing would lend to good sipping. Any and all thoughts appreciated. Eddie~

Dec 24, 2012
I have a Wizard pipe that I hand cut from a towering 2000 foot tree that I chopped down in the Hercynian Forest, after battling a pack of deadly orcs and a multitude of vicious ogres and being forced to fornicate with Hecate, the Greek goddess of witchcraft. The stem was hand made by a virgin princess on her inner thigh, using her razor sharp nipples as a cutting tool.
I like to smoke it in my underwear while sitting on my castle rampart.
Man, I love that fricken pipe.
Smoke that shit up.

Jan 8, 2013
Mine was cut by Merlin himself, from Yggdrasil, under Odin's authority. The bowl was then cured in Freya's vagina, to lend all the magic in the universe.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
LOL at the responses.
Edvard, I'm not really into Churchwardens, but you mentioned the Eastern European pipes. I know several of the pear wood carvers make Churchwardens and this might be a good way to try one out for a good price. They don't have metal bowls. Personally, I really like pear wood, especially with Virginia blends.
http://www.amazon.com/Fashion-Churchwarden-Handcrafted-Exclusive-Designed/dp/B007NL84J8/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A2FM7H9KZ7DAD2

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
A watery tart in a lake bequeathed mine upon me following the conclusion of my last quest. M'lady squirted and sprayed and thrashed until the pipe was thoroughly smoked and laid back into mine hands.

Jan 8, 2013
There is a bit of ghost, although it's rather tangy. Goes very well with Old Dark Fired.
Personally, i have always enjoyed the flavor of the magical vagina.

edvard

Lurker
May 9, 2014
United States
@Perique @Pylorns. I figured they'd be crap. But I saw them on Pipes and Cigars and had some hopes. Perique last summer we went to Poland and I bought a couple nice briars for me and my boy, a fried got a pear. We tried them out together and my sons "Goliath" seemed to smoke the best with a cool bowl. The pear wasn't so good though(That might just be these certain pipes). It was ornate but light and ended up breaking. I wont totally give up on pears since you spoke up for them but I'll probably get a decent churchwarden like Pylorns said. ....or vagina cured, hmmm I'm not against it.

necron99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
The bowl of mine was the seat of the Silmarillion, and the stem carved from the heart of one of the two trees of Valinor, by Finn's own son Feanor who was greatest in skill and magic of all the Noldoli, and the very maker of the Silmarils. I keep these thing hiden from Morgoth and protect the secret of the Valar from common humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.