PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
This past week, I was touched by the inquisitive excitement and curiosity of one of our new members about the vast range or our beloved pipe tobaccos... so I PMed him and asked if he would like me to send him a wee sampler of the various genres and types etc. He said sure and then asked if I might enjoy a "sample" of one of his specialties in return! So I said sure as well. Imagine my absolutely stunned, breathtook surprise when the UPS man popped by not 5 minutes ago. This is, yes, me in my very living room in front of our very Xmas tree, posed with what he sent:

jeb-484x600.jpg

I am still stunned! The Balvenie Doublewood is absolutely my favorite scotch of all time! And it is very rarified and precious in these parts indeed! I will reveal his person/avatar only with his permission! Needless to say, I am touched and grateful beyond measure! I only hope and pray my little collection of tobaccos will touch his needs.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Heartwarming! The pipe and hat are great touches as well. I'd rather the pipe than the Scotch, but getting all three is king!

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
And Tiny Tim(Pagan!:), the founder of my feast has given me permission to say he is the one and only "scratchadams" here on the forums! Which I do, with great honor and joy! More of the back-story is that my middle son, a great scotch aficionado himself and traveled himself to the distilleries in Scotland with his wife, gifted me with the selfsame nectar last year at xmas time... which is how it got to be a favorite of mine! I am still totally overwhelmed and amazed with Scratchie's generosity... all for a few strands of lovely bakkie! I go to bed now, totally happy with visions of sugarplums dancing in my head! (Say, Royal Yacht has plums, right?? And many others!) Wow! What a day! jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.