PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
When I was at the Chicago Show on Saturday morning, I was going through the exhibitors hoping to find a young up and coming carver to buy a pipe from. I found 3 candidates. I went back around Saturday afternoon and decided on a pipe from Alex Hasty, Alexander Pipes. Very, very nice and professional young man out of the Kansas City area. The one I wanted most was already spoken for so I bought a bent brandy but got a promise from him that he would make a similar pipe to the one I liked.
Here are the photos, I'm glad the one at the show was spoken for. As nice as it was, this is simply superb to my eye. Finished today, Alex communicated with me multiple times during the process and sent progress photos. I've got this feeling that Alex may be getting some more business from me moving forward. Sorry about the photos, I always struggle with photos at this site.
Alexander Pipes
https://flic.kr/p/2gqGBBV
https://flic.kr/p/2gqGR9F

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
That is a beautiful pipe.

img_8759-600x450.jpg

The grain is amazing.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some extraordinary blast on that one, and beautiful design on the shaping and stem too.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is fabulous! The shape/finish reminds me of an artisan maker who became sick and stopped making pipes, can't recall his name. (and that's a huge compliment to Alex!) Who am I thinking of??

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Years ago at Chicago I had my heart set on a bent brandy of a similar style as yours from a young carver but thought I'd wait until Sunday to get it. I missed getting it by an hour and lost out on my first Nate King pipe. And he hasn't made another one since.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Mark, that is a great classic shape from a great carver, and nice guy. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.