PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Greetings!
After looking for a few months for an active pipe smokers club in Alberta, I have not been able to locate one. I thought I would seek out fellow pipe smokers in Alberta, Canada to see if there is any interest in forming one to share in the hobby. Also, seeking fellow pipe smokers in the area, just so we can see who is who in our area. It seems that there are a few around, but not sure exactly who at this point.
If you are in the province of Alberta, a tobacco pipe smoker or interested in tobacco pipes, please reply below. If you are also interested in participating in a local tobacco pipe smoker's club, state your interest as well as your nearest city. After some time, I will start organizing a club, if there is an interest in that direction.
Replies and questions are most welcome.
Slownumbers

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
I'm in Red Deer, but I try to keep up with the fellows in Edmonton, they've got a small club going.
Edmonton Pipe and Cigar Smokers
Seems to be a pretty small collective of friends and acquaintances but super friendly, and definitely passionate. Not a bad place to start I would say.

rockford

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 4, 2013
I am in Calgary, usually in Edmonton four to eight days per month as well with pit stops in Red Deer.

canadianbacon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2013
I'm north of Edmonton.
If canadianbiggame doesn't respond, he lives down the street from me, so you could count him.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Guess I should add myself, lol.
Live in Red Deer and interested in forming an Alberta pipe club.

canadianbiggame

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Im just north of Edmonton as CanadianBacon said. I would be interested in getting together maybe in the city from time to time to smoke and share some stories as well as tobaccos

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
Just moved...I'm now close to Innisfail. I'm about a 35min drive to Red Deer.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Clearly I missed this post originally, but I am a Calgary pipe smoker and would definitely be interested in a meeting some fellow pipesters

masterpython

Might Stick Around
Sep 18, 2013
So besides joining the $1500/year club downtown is there any place where pipe smokers can get together and smoke inside in Calgary?

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Masterpython, as I understand it, the $1500 a month pipe smoking lounge is the only 'legitimate' smoking club in western Canada, according to the owner. That being said, if enought people in Calgary were interested, maybe we could find a garage or basement where 'meetings' could be held.
Hell, if anyone is interested, I might be able to offer up my basement for a gathering!

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
maybe we could find a garage or basement where 'meetings' could be held.
I have a heated shop with not much at all in it that could be available for occasional gatherings in Red Deer.
I am trying to figure out if there is any/enough people interested in getting together and perhaps forming some sort of a "pipe club" for Alberta. To date, does not seem to be much interest in this regard. If you are interested in a club forming, post here to show that you are interested.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
Interested! Isnt there a Canadian group on here? Might have more success sending a group message if thats possible?

There are some guys on your Alberta tobacconist thread that are not in this post too...

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Missed this thread originally. Add me to the AB pipers list (Calgary). Was just PMing Hunter about creating a Facebook page for AB pipers. Any interest in that? Could be the start of a virtual club. Would be great to try planning a physical get together as well.
Rocky (AKA Steven)

Status
Not open for further replies.