PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I travel in and around the Albany NY area with some frequency. I typically stop at either the old P&C shop (Habana Cigar) or at the excellent Park Lane location further North.
www.edleez.com
Last night, it was too late to stop at Parklane, so I found a shopping center to get a late dinner. The "Edleez" Tobacco shop is tucked neatly into the center of the Stuyvesant Plaza. I wasn't expecting much in pipes, but I was pleasantly surprised to find a very large estate pipe wall with some nice deals (Ashton, Sasieni, Barlings, Duhill, Comoys, etc.). They have 25 or so shop blends and a pretty good selection of tins (equal to Park Lane). The smoking lounge is much larger than Parklanes and very comfortable. I was there right at closing, but the two young clerks were super-friendly and interested in pipes. I'll definitely be back is it is literally right around the corner of my hotel (near University of Albany).
Give them a look if you are in the Albany area.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
My cousin used to visit them when they were in Fredonia. I haven't had an opportunity to visit them (I usually go to Albany with my girlfriend and it's a one for one deal-I go with her to the running store, she goes with me to a tobacconist). Knowing Park Lane is a good shop, I don't like to waste the opportunity but, with that glowing review, I'll definitely take a chance in the future. Thanks for the info!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Jay: That's pretty much it. If you have 40 extra minutes, definitely shoot up North to Cup'O Joes. They have an incredible shop and smoking lounge. I rarely get the time to drive that far North in my work day/evening. (they are on Lake George). Edleez is really nice, I was surprised by that shop.
Park Lane has since double the size of their building and they know have a what I've been told is a very nice and large lounge. I haven't visited since they did the expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.