PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Okay for those who are "of the pipe" and who live in the South... Here in Birmingham, AL, home of The Briary, we, like our brothers/sisters in Canada, shall have our own Autumn Picnic Event. Pipe makers attending will be JT Cooke, Nate King, and Kent Rasmussen. Alabama Shakes will be performing along with The Oak Ridge Boys. It'll be a fully catered affair with food donated by Alabama Seafood and Dreamland Barbecue. Thank you to them! All of the major tobacco suppliers will be there giving away free samples. Bring your families because they will be games and contests. It shall be a truly epic affair for sure.
Now, if someone could make this happen for real, I'd appreciate it, but as it stands now, this is PURE fiction :(

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Dude. Drive to Ontario. We really are quite nice.
Plus, Peck can't make it so you'll have an easier time buying up the good stuff.
I hadn't thought about music... I wonder if Arcade Fire and Metric are busy?
Just sayin'
-- Pat

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
I was ready to make the 12 hour drive just to see Alabama Shakes!

What about a purely Alabama experience? We can hold it at the Pelham Amphitheater. We'll star Alabama pipemakers, and drag Rad Davis out of retirement, Brian Rowley, and we can even invite Todd Johnson, who will have his own booth since he is thumbing his nose to Music City Marketing. I don't care for his ugly pipes, but they appeal to the cheaper market.
Alabama Shakes is good. Oak Ridge Boys? :| Really? What about the group Alabama? We can also get Bo Bice and Man or Astroman for local diversity.
Dreamland is really the only food vendor we need. But, we will need to get Milos to supply us with a few thousand gallons of sweet tea. We can also get local wineries to set up tastings, invite GTO cigars.
All of the tobacco distributors is a grand idea, except we will have less tobacco tins to clean up out of the parking lot if Sutliff isn't there forcing their tins of swill on people. I'd be ecstatic if we just got McClelland and Mac Barens to come, but we would have to also include Lanes since more pipe smokers prefer aromatics down here.
We could hire a detective to round up Lawrence, a long missed forum anomaly, and we could have a special tent for him in his speedos (A very old forum inside joke).
And, if we are going to have rebel flags, I say we invite Doc Mahan's Civil War reinactors to portray the battle of Pelham Amphitheater. Both sides fought that battle entirely with Yanks using only Missouri Meerschaums and the Rebels using Old Dominions. Ha ha, well, you said this was fictitious... It was a bloody and smokey battle with only one officer surviving having used one of the hardwood pipes.

May 31, 2012
...and Man or Astroman for local diversity.
great to hear MOAM? is still out there,

saw them a few times back in the 90's when I was more swingin'
A fun show to see!
:P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhjamqKk_28

May 31, 2012
Hell yeah on Rollin' in the Hay,

ain't never heard 'em

but they got some fine beer drankin' pipe smokin' shit kickin' music fer sure,

I love that kinda stuff!
Thanks for the link.

:)

They play somewhere in Alabama about every night. I've had dinner with them at a friend's house a couple of times before I even knew they were musicians, ha! I was talking banjo smack with them, and then one night they made me put my money where my mouth is with them. Had a great time, but I learned that I wasn't as good as I thought. Ha ha!

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I work with Alabama Shakes bass players dad. He is a cig smoker, but always interested in my pipe on breaks. Time to convert and recruit.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
The Briary has a winter event. They should do 2 a spring and a winter or a fall and winter. We drive over for the feb meeting already and would def come for another.

Status
Not open for further replies.