PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I received a jar of 3 year old AK yesterday. I want to try it (badly) but will let it go another two years. I’ll see what the one year is like soon and according to the gospel of Greg, the next big change is at 5 years. There’s a 1/2" x 4” block, not flake in there that’s calling my name. *sigh*

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
H&H Aniversary Kake. One of my top Vaper blends. I smoke a bowl or more every day. Smoking one right now, staring at the frackin thing. BUT logic must prevail and the Gospel according to Greg believed in. I will have to get it out of my sight soon though, that block in there is killing me. All the tobacco is almost black.
Oh Rick I'm talking about the ageing gospel from G.L. Peace of the 1, 5, 10, 20 ,30 year VA changes.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Hearth & Home is blended by Russ not by Greg Pease as the OP mentions... I can't find a blend by Greg with those initials either..

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
..........and there is the answer!! Dragonslayer and I were typing at the same time it seems!!! LOL

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The only experience I have with extreme ageing is a 36 year-old tin of MacB Mixture- Scottish Style. I found it in my parent's basement from when I lived at home and left in 1977. I could not say when the tobacco matured to its fullest extent but the result when I got the tin open was incredible. I did a comparission with a new tin and it was night and day.

And yes, it was $1.49 when I purchased it.
MacBarens_Scottish_Mixture.jpg

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Exactly Roth that’s why I’d like to see how it will behave, it’s packed perfect for the blend. It’s loose nice room through it and chemically/biologically it should be right at the perfect place for all the ageing processes to be happening. The VA has defiantly changed just by appearance, but you’re right about the Perique. If at 5 years (maybe sooner depending on the industry) there’s not a great change compared to the 2 year cellared, or the possible great change we hope for will determine how much I cellar. I hope the lobbyists can hold off on the Internet sales tax for a couple more years. So much is at stake with that across every industry. As for the tobacco Nazis, I know here in PA things move so slow and have a strong tobacco lobby. That’s why we are the only state (commonwealth) that hasn’t past any tax legislation on tobacco and nothing coming up for any votes. I’m getting hit with the 6% state tax from companies moving/shipping from here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.