PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
Yesterday I read a post by Latbomber in the thread about dunhill MM 965
I find that all Dunhill blends really transform a few days after opening the tin. London Mixture and 965 especially. Time to load up a bowl haha.
I agreed. I bought a tin of EMP and found it a little bland and boring, it was transfered into a mason jar and left for a month. Whilst I still find it a little bland it's improved with the sweetness and orientals coming out a little more.
Why does this happen?

What is happening?

Airing blends doesn't seem to alter all blends, at least to me, so is it blend or tobacco type specific?
After reading his post yesterday I cracked a bottle of duval and had a bowl of SG Scotch cut mixture, something I've just repeated. The tobacco has been sitting in a mason jar for a month now and has transformed! The first few bowls straight from the tin tasted of nothing but burnt nuts and I found it very unpleasant. The last two bowls, after a month of 'airing' have been delicious, a hint of sweetness combining with a scaled down nutty taste that reminds me of nut brittle. There is a noticeable creamy texture to the smoke and surprisingly the same fresh mouth sensation as mint, all be it without the minty taste. Upon snorking I get little tickle of spice and pepper followed by a real hit of coconuts. A blend that's gone from 1 star to 4 star after a month of being in a mason jar but why??

Status
Not open for further replies.