PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstar

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2014
Has anyone ever had their pipe tool confiscated from their carry on luggage at security?
I've been carrying two to three of them in my bags for about three years now, doing about twelve to fifteen return flights a year from Dubai to the US, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Whilst I've had cables peered at and the odd lighter taken off me, no one has ever prevented me from carrying on what is effectively a two inch long spiked weapon with a convenient handle.
I'm not complaining, but it seems to illustrate how daft half these checks are!

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I travel with a pipe nail and haven't ever had a problem with it, but then again, that's why I travel with a 50 cent pipe nail.

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
Redstar, don't have the answer but have a question :) are there any nice blends in duty free shops in Dubai?

redstar

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2014
Sajgre, there's a surprisingly good choice. Davidoff Flake Medallions, and three or four other Davidoff blends. Also Erinmote flake and ready rubbed, Captain Black and Borkum Riff, MacBaren Seven Seas, Clan. (That reminds me, I must try some Clan!)
Sadly, unlike Beirut, no Dunhill.
The cigar section is also excellent - as is the alcohol and all the rest.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I don't fly internationally, but have flown plenty with pipe nails and no issues. I also fly frequently with a bi-metallic stemmed thermometer with a fold out 5" fold-out spike. They never give that a second glance. If something ever goes down, someone is getting that jammed into their neck.
231-xx7_z_e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.