Pipes Magazine » General Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Air Pressure Leg Massagers, OMG!!!

(6 posts)
  1. shanez

shanez

Login to Send PM

If you are unaware, blood clots that can cause deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, and kidney failure, are thought to originate in the lower extremities (feet).

A few years ago, I nearly died from a bi-lateral pulmonary embolism that was near 100% blockage and was a result of blood clots. Basically, my heart was blocked off from my lungs resulting in almost no oxygen making it into my bloodstream. I had a year and a half of blood thinners, will have to wear compression socks the rest of my life, and had veins removed from my legs as part of my treatment (and that was after a week in ICU).

Prior to having the veins removed from my legs, the doctor had me wear full leg air compression sleeves on my legs for about 30 minutes. Well, I recently ordered these Fit King compression massagers:

OMG!!! My feet and calves feel fantastic after using them for just 15 minutes! Well worth the $80 they cost. If you have suffered something similar to me, have poor circulation in your legs, or just plain have sore feet/calves I highly recommend them.

Posted 8 months ago #
  2. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I went to Relax The Back store Saturday and had a chance to experience the full half shell full limb and back air compressor massager chairs from Japan. Wow! Wonderful stufff. The future is bright for those of us with back injuries. But (and it’s a big but) the price is sky high. I’d rather buy a Bo Nord pipe

Neal
    Posted 8 months ago #
  3. smittyd

smittyd

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I had back surgery about 3 years ago, and before and after the surgery the docs put those things on my legs. It does feel quite nice.

Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 8 months ago #
  4. cortezattic

Cortez

A part of the problem since he ...

Login to Send PM

Glad to learn that you found something that addresses the problem. I see they're sold on Amazon.

I find myself sitting idly on the line dividing past and future,
    as if I could kill time without injuring eternity. -- Thoreau
    Posted 8 months ago #
  5. weezell

weezell

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'll look in to that! Had the veins stripped out of my right leg twice and it's still bad...

"the weez"...
    Posted 8 months ago #
  6. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My wife has been through a hip replacement followed by other surgeries related to two different strains of staph and two complete prosthetic revisions. These leg massagers saved her life, along with other procedures. I've never tried them, but I've taken great solace in them for her sake. She's incredibly gutsy, beyond description. (Women in the military? I don't want to be the opposition in that contest.)

Posted 8 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   paulfg, docrameous