PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Subject: 80 or Bust
"You can discover more about a man in an hour of play than in a year of conversation." -- Plato
Will I Live to see 80?
Here's something to think about.
I recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two visits and exhaustive Lab tests, he

said I was doing 'fairly well' for my age. (I just turned 65).
A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do you think I'll live to be 80?'
He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer, wine or hard liquor?'
'Oh no,' I replied. 'I'm not doing drugs, either!'
Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?'
'I said, 'Not much... my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!'
'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, boating, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?'
'No, I don't,' I said.
He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?'
'No,' I said...
He looked at me and said,..
'Then, why do you even give a shit?’

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
That is a good point. My new doctor is not all that happy that I smoke a pipe and pointed out some issues I had not thought about but understands I am not about to stop so is leaving it alone.

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
A 96-year old man went to see his doctor for a check-up. His doctor says, "You're in amazing shape for your age!"

The oldfella' says, "I have a 28-year old girlfriend, doc! What do you think about that?"

The doctor looks a little surprised.

The oldfella' continues, "Yep! And she's pregnant, too! She's going to have my baby!"

The doctor thinks for a minute, and says, "I have a buddy who was out hunting, using only a broomstick. He was getting ready to shoot a beaver, so he raised the broomstick and yelled, 'BANG!' What do think about that?"

The oldfella' says, "I'd say that someone else shot that beaver!"

The doctor says, "That's exactly my point!"

Status
Not open for further replies.