[AhmadOthman] Ashton Artisan Blend Review

(13 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Ahmad Othman
  • Latest reply from zerohunter
  1. ahmadothman

Ahmad Othman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A tobacco worthy of its name. A true artisan work. When you first open the tin, you are cordially welcomed by an aroma of Syrian Latakia and orientals.. Followed by a very dark well cut chunks of tobacco. The moisture content is acceptable, though a bit of drying may be your thing. I never needed to, though. It packs easily but preferably in a wide and stout bowl as the chunks of baccy are not quite ribbons but rather square chunks. Once packed it lights with a bit of effort but it stays lit. The first draw is absolutely astounding, with an open bouquet of flavours from the Latakia and Orientals followed by the lovely rich virginia and later a tad of spiciness from the perique. It burns quite cool and is reduced to ash with little dottle, even in briar. No moisture noticed either in briar or Meerschaum. It has a strong room note and those who do not smoke will glare at you for it. But for the pipe smoker, it only provided a beautiful, smooth and quite creamy smoke with a strong, woody, smoky room note. Definitely one of the finest tobaccos out there

Pipe Used: SMS block Meerschaum hand carved

Age When Smoked: Fresh tin

“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.” - Albert Einstein
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. beefeater33

beefeater33

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great Review!
    Your experience is spot on with mine. I love how all the different leafs play with each other in this......... Its fun to pick out the flavors in this one. I've smoked some with 4-5 years on it and it gets even better! One of the best out there IMO.......

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dream..."
    Willy Wonka
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. ahmadothman

Ahmad Othman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks. I enjoy it quite a lot..definitely will stock up on it as soon as I can..
    And I assume the virginia and perique will age excellently and add flavour to it

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. perdurabo

perdurabo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I found this blend was better with age, also there is a lot of talk about there being a nice helping of cavendish in this blend. Your descriptions nails it though, Creamy definitely comes to mind. Did you notice any cavendish in the mix, while smoking? Cavendish is hard for me to place in a blend. I love 965, but damned if know for sure what the cavendish does.

It's not my position nor want to help another man. It's his responsibility to help himself, as where he can learn to dig down deep enough to save himself. -I. Kidd
    Posted 2 years ago #
  5. ahmadothman

Ahmad Othman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@perdurabo I don't think I found any Cavendish..It has a distinct taste.. Quite sweet in general.. Most coins I have tried have a core of cavendish so I got accustomed to the taste, and it isn't present for me. And the blend notes doesn't mention it as well.. So its either their secret ingredient or it's just a myth

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. edgreen

edgreen

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ahmad, I really enjoy all your reviews, both here and on tobaccoreviews. This is something that sounds right up my alley. I'll definitely being trying it.

Tobacco's a musician.And in a pipe delighteth;It descends in a close,Through the organ of the nose, With a relish that inviteth.
    Barten Holiday
    Posted 2 years ago #
  7. whitesands77

whitesands77

Login to Send PM

Thanks! I think this one might be soon in my possession.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. ahmadothman

Ahmad Othman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ahmad, I really enjoy all your reviews, both here and on tobaccoreviews. This is something that sounds right up my alley. I'll definitely being trying it.

Thanks, I am flaterred

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. ahmadothman

Ahmad Othman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks! I think this one might be soon in my possession.

Thanks

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. madox07

madox07

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like it better than night cap actually !!!

Sea Wolf Pipers

"Like the mariners of old, a loner is acceptable but a pipe is best enjoyed in a pack"
    Posted 2 years ago #
  11. darthcider

darthcider

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ahmad, another informative review, thanks.
    Always enjoy reading them.

Education is important, but motorbikes is importanter.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  12. ahmadothman

Ahmad Othman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ahmad, another informative review, thanks.
    Always enjoy reading them.

Thanks. This warms my heart

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. zerohunter

zerohunter

Login to Send PM

Seriously one of the best blends I've had and my favorite English to date.

Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   ashdigger, jaytex969, smokeymcsmokey, brassmonkey, shayde, dmcmtk, jojoc, mawp, scottlin, yuda, mortonbriar, husky, marc75