PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
Hi guys

I got a question,
Is it possible that the rubber seal of aged tins can take the smell of the tobacco?
Because I got a Robert McConnel Scottish cake and Robert McConnell oriental tins and both are about 7+years old.
And I can smell a faint tobacco smell from them. I also checked if the seal wasn't broken.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Could be that your tin was stored with other tobaccos if your vacuum seal is intact.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I know exactly what you are talking about brendan. I keep all of my tins in a large plastic container and every time I crack the lid I get a faint smell of tobacco from the tins. After a couple years of paranoia and frequent seal-checking I decided to invest in some mylar bags and sealed up two tins (same blend) per bag of those that I knew I wouldn't get to for 10+ years. I'm not suggesting you run out and mylar bag all of your sealed tins....I just took that extra precaution for peace of mind. To each his own.

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
ok

thank you for the reassurance guy's :mrgreen:

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
i also love the smell of my tobacco,

but i'm letting those tins age and when i open the tin i don't want to see it all dried up etc.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
shift_key.jpg

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
I smell a faint smell of tobacco on some of my sealed tins. Everytime they were fine. Opened a bunch that smelled and contents were safe and secure. Used to worry about the smell but not anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.